• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Devil May Cry to be adapted in HBO?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@windleopard I thought Steven R. McQueen and Colton Haynes would be good for DmC Dante.

Malese Jow would be been good for Kat. Lauren Cohen would be perfect for Lady, just give her a pixie cut.

For Mundus I would've brought in Aaron Eckhart but he maybe too big for a TV show. So I would've used James Marsters.

@Morgan they would ended up inventing a love triangle.

"The Devil Factor" has a love triangle between Dante, Helena, and Christie. It's not as overwrought as the CW has done but it still counts.

@Ronin

There you go. It's cliche but fans can't complain because what do you think Nero is.... XD.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So the TLDR version of the thread:

Nero is a better fit for the the CW. He's alot younger than the other characters and he worked better when he was more idealistic. So having him start out as a wannabe tough guy/lone wolf and becoming a team player is a good arc for him. The initial plan for Kyrie was to either have her become a villian or reject Nero because he kills Credo. The latter helps sets up a possible love triangle and possible redemption arc for her.

Classic Dante would work better on Showtime or HBO. Lean into the Tony Redgrave era of his life and you have a good Penny Dreadful-esque show.

Tony Redgrave should be like this guy.

The anime has a good setup for a DMC show. Just give it better plots and more interesting characters.

@Morgan he works. You think he could pull off both Dante and Vergil?

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
@V's patron Yes. But for the live action portrayal, Dante is played by Sean, and Vergil is in Nero Angelo form so he's played by a preposterously tall and broad-shouldered stunt actor in a suit of armor and his voice is dubbed over by someone totally different, like a modern day Darth Vader. One because F Vergil, two because literally everyone will benefit from not inviting incessant fan-tantrums comparing a real life actor to Dan Southworth's VA role and how iconic he is and blahdy blah.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@V's patron Yes. But for the live action portrayal, Dante is played by Sean, and Vergil is in Nero Angelo form so he's played by a preposterously tall and broad-shouldered stunt actor in a suit of armor and his voice is dubbed over by someone totally different, like a modern day Darth Vader. One because F Vergil, two because literally everyone will benefit from not inviting incessant fan-tantrums comparing a real life actor to Dan Southworth's VA role and how iconic he is and blahdy blah.
It would be funny if Langdon and Southworth pop up as other characters. One of them could be Grue ;).

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Don't even bother naming the characters. Dan cameos as a snappily-dressed bartender with a few lines or two, and Reuben gets a secondhand cameo as someone watches a video/show/movie he already acted in, or a made-for-the-show advertisement for a fictional product/service. What are people gonna do, get mad about it?

windleopard

Anyway, Sean Faris as Dante.

Look him up, and thank me later.
I haven't seen him in anything other than Never Back Down and those two episodes of Leverage. He any good in any of the other stuff he's appeared in?

Though I think he'd be better as Nero from what I remember of his character in Never Back Down.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I haven't seen him in anything other than Never Back Down and those two episodes of Leverage. He any good in any of the other stuff he's appeared in?
He was good in Pawn, Forever Strong, Smallville (he played Byron Moore), Pretty Little Liars, and I haven't seen Gangster Land yet but I'll let you know how he is in that one.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You have a link to this information?

It's this one actually.
these are the closest I could find.

My thought that Kyrie was originally a villian was just me misrembering one off the posts. Althought I don't mind doing that myself.

To me, Nero just came across as uninspired in 4. So I'd have to tweak him if I had to pitch a film or tv show on him.

Ironically he's an easier fit for the CW than Dante. He's always just felt like he skewed younger than the others. Plus his relationship with Kyrie feels tailor-made for the CW demographic.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
Vergil could dress more sophisticated than Dante or Nero.

An example would be Elijah from the Originals.

Or the Necromancer from Legacies

@absolitude
Sure. He could have a more simpler look than either Dante or Vergil. Although I like his prototype look from DMC4. Ironically I prefer his concept art to his final look/characterization.

With Nero you can give him the punk rock look DmC was going for.

Althought we can save the last one for an OC ;).

Top Bottom