• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How did Sparda die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll post what I THINK I know so far.

Demons entered Eva's house (apparently Sparda was dead and Dante and Vergil were still kids). Dante hid in a closet crying, his mom was outside of the closet trying to stop the demons from learning where he is. Vergil on the other-hand trys to fight the demons with Yamato. He can't protect his Mom, and she ends up dying. Vergil runs away and Dante is still hiding. Vergil eventually runs into more demons and.......
SPLAT, they knock Vergil's Sword into his chest and he was impaled. He starts slowly dying, but then O_O His devil trigger first appears and he defeats all of the demons

^I'm not 100% sure if thats what I read from the manga or from a fan-fic sorry. I haven't read it in a long time and don't currently have it with me.

I'm gonna have to say that is from a fan-fic, you said you haven't read the manga, only read about it. That is way too specific to be from general or the current official sources.

Facts are: (Correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise I'd be lying)

-Sparda "awoke to justice" and rebelled against his own demon kind "nearly 2000 years ago"

-Some unknown amount of time before or after that, Sparda sealed away Temen-Ni-Gru, "a gateway to the demonic realm." In the process he used the blood of "a mortal priestess," also a member of Lady's bloodline.

-Some unknown amount of time after those first two events, Sparda stayed in the human world and wedded a human woman named Eva. Together they raised two sons, Vergil and Dante.

-An unknown amount of time after that, Sparda eventually died, this is all up to speculation as to how. (What appears to be a popular theory is that he became Human after sealing away his demon powers and presumably died of old age. Once again, we only know he died, not exactly how so)

-An unknown amount of time after Sparda's death, Eva was murdered by demons. (Where these demons came from or why they murdered Eva is not known as of right now)

-An unknown amount of time after Eva's death, Dante and Vergil live out their lives seperately.

-Roughly two years (as vaguely spoken by Dante in DMC3) since they last met, the events of Devil May Cry 3 begin.

-The events of Devil May Cry 3 end. Vergil chose to stay in the demonic realm, left with only his side of Eva's amulet, and the Yamato Katana. We are seen as he, in a presumably weakened state, runs towards three brightly glowing orbs in the sky. We know this to be Mundus. Dante escapes the Demonic Realm and Temen-Ni-Gru with his side of Eva's amulet and the Force Edge. Dante and Lady put "Devil May Cry" into full service. They begin taking jobs together. What happens to Lady between this time and Devil May Cry 1 and 2 is unknown.

-An unknown amount of time after the end of Devil May Cry 3, the events of Devil May Cry 1 begin.

-An unknown, but presumably short, amount of time afterwards, the events of Devil May Cry 1 end. Dante has realized Vergil was, in fact, the armored demon chasing him throughout his journey. Mundus, though not known if fully destroyed, is sealed back into the Demonic Realm. Trish and Dante contine the devil hunting services of the renamed "Devil Never Cry" Trish is given the Force Edge.

-The events of Devil May Cry 2 begin. (Seeing as how I never got to play this, I am not sure if anything important transpired before or after DMC2)

Of course, all of the unknown speculations about Dante, Vergil, Sparda, Eva, or even Arkham and Lady before the events of Devil May Cry 3 could be resolved in the Manga. I wonder if it will receive an English localization.

Noxotic

lol, ^ yeah, but I'm not sure if what i said was right, so i guess you can just follow the above storyline until you read it for yourself. And nothing important came from DMC2, so don't worry, your not missing out, lol

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
I haven't played DMC1 and DMC2,so I'm not really sure that Sparda's "dead".How can you all can be so sure that he's dead?In the DMC3 Library, Iread that "Feeling that his(Sparda)power had grown too strong, he locked himself within as well."So what if he's still there ina dark corner of the demon world???That's a possibility,right?

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
IloveVergil;4074 said:
I haven't played DMC1 and DMC2,so I'm not really sure that Sparda's "dead".How can you all can be so sure that he's dead?In the DMC3 Library, Iread that "Feeling that his(Sparda)power had grown too strong, he locked himself within as well."So what if he's still there ina dark corner of the demon world???That's a possibility,right?

Two Milleniums ago, there was a war. Between the Human world and the other, the Underworld. But somebody from the Underworld woke up to justice and he stood up against his Legion...............alone. his name was "Sparda". Later, he quited reigned the Human World and continued to preserve Honor until his Death..............he became a Legend............the Lengendary Darknight.........."Sparda"

Thas the story of Sparda..:D

Remus

Sparda is dead.
IF he had lived, it would be in the demonic realm AND if it WERE so then why should he had left his sword at the stones in the demonic realm? to keep the seal on?
But why did he not kill arkham when he took Sparda's sword? and how could Arkham take Spardas body and form?
And why does everyone say almost "I want Sparda's power!" "I will obtain the power of Sparda!".

I think he is definetly dead. Like I said before, he died of human age because he sealed away all of his demonic power.
And i think if Vergil or Dante used his sword and the two amulets they would have got his true power and his body and/or shape. But not his mind or brain or Sparda's soul because he is dead and most likely in peace. Dante and Vergil would get his powers and "body" because he locked away his demonic power in the demonic realm and within is sword.
In DMC 1 Dante transforms into Spardas shape when he get's angry on Mundus and then starts the air fight.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Remus;4169 said:
Sparda is dead.
IF he had lived, it would be in the demonic realm AND if it WERE so then why should he had left his sword at the stones in the demonic realm? to keep the seal on?
But why did he not kill arkham when he took Sparda's sword? and how could Arkham take Spardas body and form?
And why does everyone say almost "I want Sparda's power!" "I will obtain the power of Sparda!".

I think he is definetly dead. Like I said before, he died of human age because he sealed away all of his demonic power.
And i think if Vergil or Dante used his sword and the two amulets they would have got his true power and his body and/or shape. But not his mind or brain or Sparda's soul because he is dead and most likely in peace. Dante and Vergil would get his powers and "body" because he locked away his demonic power in the demonic realm and within is sword.
In DMC 1 Dante transforms into Spardas shape when he get's angry on Mundus and then starts the air fight.

"In DMC 1 Dante transforms into Spardas shape when he get's angry on Mundus and then starts the air fight".................he gets angry coz Mundus killed Trish..............and the blood of Sparda that Dante has woke up for Justice :)

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Remus;4169 said:
Sparda is dead.

Okay,but is there anything "mentioned" in any of the games about his being DEAD?Just tell me that.:unsure:
By the way, could u please tell me how ur sure that he died of old age?Why not something else?Besides, Dante seems abit mad at his father in DMC3.I find that a little weird,cuz someone can't blame their father for dying of old age & not being with them.What dou think?

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
i think that Dante have some revenge coz Mundus killed Eva..............he gave dark powers to Vergil.......................Dante has "Pure Vengance"

Remus

well, I think personally that Dante is mad at his father because he was a demon. Dante just thinks "Why just MY father?" and i think he just maybe jokes because the thing his father left dante is taking over allt the **** like killing demons. AND i think he maybe jokes like when Cerberus asks if he is a demon he says "Who knows? Im not even sure myself"....
There you go!

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
ya.................but the last phrase was DMC3..................and DMC1 Dante understood about: "Why just my father?"

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Well, it always makes me curious when there is no information about how an important character like Sparda died....none of the characters ever mentioned it......do Dante & Vergil even know how their father died?

Toreador

Hunter of Darkness
well heres how i understand it

-2000 years ago sparda batteled and sealed mundus in the underworld
-short time after he aided the people on the island of DMC2
-sometime after that he sealed his powers and the demonic world useing the blood of a prestess. and becomeing mortal
-closer to our time he met and married eva
-sparda had the twin sons who were half demonic blood
-sparda died of unknown resons
-demond attacked spardas home and killed eva most likely in serch of the amulet and to rid the world of the sparda bloodline.
-dante and vergil grow up after escaping the demons
-dante opens his store which is attacked and destroyed
-dante defeats vergil in hell
-vergil stays in hell and battles mundus and loses with his soul trapped in hell he becomes nelo
-dante opens a new shop which he names devil may cry
-dante meets trish and they head to the island to battle mundus
-dante defeats nelo but it is speculated that he wasnt killed in the final battle
-dante defeats mundis and escapes with trish
-dante renames store to devels never cry.

thats what i think anyway we will just have to wait for the games/capcom/novels to confirm it/

Toreador

Hunter of Darkness
well nobody really knows for sure (i doubt even capcom have developed the whole story yet) but hopefuly it will all be revieald in Dance of Sparda if not then theres still gonna be a lot of questions and a more than likely a whold bunch of new ones from that game.
personaly i think he died in battle no way a demon would wait for age to take him:p

Toreador

Hunter of Darkness
lol i can see it now hes out side the door of the final boss makeing his way slowly on his zimafraim and then *poof* he croakes it just before u reach the door ^_^ funny but hopeflly he will go down fighting!

Toreador

Hunter of Darkness
me 2 i want to see how much more powerfule he is compared to his sons though i think they may have more power since humans are powerfule in there own right and mixed with the powers that come with demonic blood it may prove to be stronger, who knows :p but hopefully the psp game will be good and we may get to play as him.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom