• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've contacted Ninja Theory for an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Some great questions coming in, guys. We're just hoping NT will look kindly upon a tiny little fansite such as ours and be willing to give us a few moments of their time. They are obviously going to be insanely busy and there are bigger, better and more well-known sites out there who could probably demand an interview rather than ask, but there's no harm in us trying.

Just to clarify, we're not intending to go all Paxman on them (if you don't know what I mean then google Jeremy Paxman and see if you can catch some of his more abrasive interviews on YouTube - he basically verbally executes politicians) but rather ask questions that our particular corner of the fanbase have been longing to get answered and that don't get nasty with the devs. That's not ass-kissing but rather being sensible. If we want any hope of ever getting an interview then we hardly want to be browbeating them with stuff that only a select few want to know and that don't pertain to the product itself. NT will no doubt have their own criteria when it comes to interviews, as do many other companies, to avoid problems and/or misinformation. And even if they don't, who wants to be in an interview where you feel attacked?

Anywho, keep up with the question ideas and if we get a positive answer from NT, you'll all be the first to know. Other than me, obviously ;)

ZeroLove

OMG, I really hope this pulls through, because that would be so incredibly awesome! I know I haven't been a member of this site that long, but if you don't mind, I have a few questions as well.

Q's:
- You have before said that Dante has angelic powers along with his demonic powers, but how did he acquire the angelic ones? Is he indeed part angel and if so, how does that fit into his character? Is there a demon father (Sparda?) and an angel mother (Eva?) in the equation? (I know it's three questions, but basically I'd like an explanation to Dante's angelic side)

- You have said in an earlier interview that you wanted Dante to have a more modern, cool look compared to the original Dante's outdated look, but what exactly does the word "cool" mean to you? Was it something the team agreed on themselves or was there a big research on how the majority defines what is cool today?

- As we have seen in gameplay trailers, Dante's "Devil Trigger" appears to be him slowing time down and doing some aerial combos. How come decide he shouldn't turn into a demonic form (or maybe an angelic form), like he did in his Devil Triggers in past Devil May Cry games?

- In the first trailer announcing the new Devil May Cry game we see Dante with a white patch of hair, but in recent trailers he appears to have all black hair. Is this a design change or will his hair slowly turn more and more white throughout the game?

- What is the name of the mysterious hooded girl and how does she fit into it all?

- The reaction to this new Devil May Cry game have been very strong in a negative sense amongst the fanbase, how has that affected your work on the game?

I think that was all for now. :p

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
Some fun general questions would be what are some games that you really like? What about game characters. Oh! And with more games having focus on story like Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed, and Bioshock: do you see story and characters in video games becoming more important?

EDIT: Oh! And even though it was said that Enslaved wasn't getting a sequel would you be willing to reconsider based on DmC's success?
Good questions Meg
EDIT: but honestly speaking if i were Tameem i'd evade/avoid this kinda questions.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
well i just posted a link to the thread on the capcom unity forum
Hopefully it will get some publicity for the game

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
How do they plan to beat Bayonetta an over the top game clearly the successor of DMC....and how do they think they would stack up against Metal Gear Rising Revengeace made by Platinum Games who are masters in the action Genre?

Domenic93

I'm expecting a repeat of the youtube live feed interview and Q&A section they had, where they never answered any hard hitting question, but on the off chance that they do answer any worthwhile questions here's one

since the game has been announced we have heard it called many things such as: cannon, non-cannon, a re-imagining, your take on the DMC universe, a retelling, an origin story, a reboot, an alternate universe, a paralell universe, etc. could you please give us a definite answer?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
thank you for trying to get an interview steve, i hope they go through with this!
1) If you had to give a guess on how many weapons are in DmC what would it be?
2) What was the inspiration for Dante's current devil trigger?
3) Will there be classic elements in this DmC, such as the mission menu screen and blue orb fragments?
4) Will there be any bonus features in the game?
5) When will be the next time we see more of DmC?

Tiran

The great pretender.
my friend i do that every day
This is helping us get better chances of getting the interview by getting thread members from an official capcom site
"An official Capcom site" full of haters could very well deter Ninja theory from giving an interview with more open minded individuals waiting for more info on this game.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
NT have their own forums too - official means nothing, really. But thanks for sharing the link anyway - you never know, it may encourage people to really think about what they would honestly ask if they had the chance. I noticed one member wanted us to be "real gaming journalists". Boy is he going to be disappointed ;)

mrrandomlulz

"An official Capcom site" full of haters could very well deter Ninja theory from giving an interview with more open minded individuals waiting for more info on this game.
Well it seems they are willing to participate open mindedly according to their replies

Domenic93

NT have their own forums too - official means nothing, really. But thanks for sharing the link anyway - you never know, it may encourage people to really think about what they would honestly ask if they had the chance. I noticed one member wanted us to be "real gaming journalists". Boy is he going to be disappointed ;)
what I meant was look at the G4 interview, they just kept throwing them soft balls for them to hit out of the park, just rewatch the interview to learn how not to ask questions, when they give you a vague answer like they've been doing with the official status of the game being a reboot, a prequel, reimagining, etc. push them in a way to get a true answer, since those have all been terms tam himself has thrown around every interview, since they have never settled on what to call it. what you do is when they answer then you call them out on it. that way they won't be able to say so they won't be able to ignore it completely, like since they've haven't called it a parallel universe in some of the more recent article interviews that I've read

Tiran

The great pretender.
That's true. Honestly, they have no real excuse not to get the scores (as superficial as they are) that they're aiming for. If enslaved gets from a 7 to 8.5, then DmC should at least hit 9. If they get any less, it's all on them, they have more than enough in the way of a knowledge base at Capcom, their own unique design aesthetic , talented programing and plenty of resources.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
they are aiming for 9+
and i actually have high faith when you look at the new additions to gameplay and careful thought into story

like ? what cheap close-ups forgettable artwork ? degraded combat ? and careful thought *cough* excuse me do you know anything about the story ? how can you declare that it has a very deep story ? and don't refer enslaved or H.S i don't mind trying out mediocre games adding to that UR3 needs pro devs to make it run on 60fps DMC 4couldn't get 9+ taneem can just dream of it i don't care

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
@ Domenic - Hmm...not sure how that could be managed via an email interview. Unless they agree to some back and forth? I think the idea so far is to get a yes and then send some questions to them. Actually, I don't know what the official stance is on how the interview would be conducted...*looks in office for Steve* Nope, he's disappeared off somewhere. I'll ask him when he gets back and see how he plans to manage the interview process, should we get a look in.

Anywho, I digress. Back to thinking up some good questions, people! :D

mrrandomlulz

like ? what cheap close-ups forgettable artwork ? degraded combat ? and careful thought *cough* excuse me do you know anything about the story ? how can you declare that it has a very deep story ? and don't refer enslaved or H.S i don't mind trying out mediocre games adding to that UR3 needs pro devs to make it run on 60fps
Because capcom picked nt purely for story
That counts for something plus the combat isnt even finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom