• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've contacted Ninja Theory for an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantix

- In the video called "The Secret", we saw the first footage of one of the game's Secret Missions, and judging from what we saw, you guys seem to be taking a different approach to them than past games. Can you talk about what you plan doing with these set of missions?

- There was word about Ninja Theory bringing in fans and combo video creators of previous games to test out the new combat engine and offer feedback. Can you speak to the sort of level of input they brought to the game? What their thoughts were, and how they liked the game?

- Besides the previous games and Bayonetta, were there any other games you found to be influential when developing DmC?

- The previous games are quite known for their replay value. Many players often times repeat the same chapter just to get their technique down, acquire orbs, and find hidden areas of the stages. Not to mention, the option to continue your progress into the higher difficulty settings, extra modes, and different items and costumes to unlock. Is this something you plan on retaining for DmC?

- Will we see the return of the 'Dante Must Die' difficulty setting?

Axe

1) How difficult is this game in relation to the others? If initially easier, does it eventually get as hard as DMD on higher difficulties?

2) The other games had a remarkably high skill ceiling; how will DmC get the same staying power? How can the combos evolve beyond floating in the air forever and using the chain once in a while?

3) There are many fans who are very good at DMC, but aren't convinced that this game will offer the same depth. Are you designing with them at least partially in mind? What would you say to them to sell them on DmC (apart from "DMC DNA")?

Domenic93

we should all make sure we word the questions in ways were they won't be able to give us a canned answer, we should help each other out and make sure that the questions don't allow them to weasel out of like they did when I asked Tam "is it true that at a german convention interview that you said that the only reason that the angel mechanic was added was to fit the three stance system from heavenly sword?" and he said "Different designers, different combat engine and more weapons. Capcom were heavily involved in direction." as you can see I did not get a yes or no answer, when you are answering someone you give them a yes or a no, then you explain.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
we should all make sure we word the questions in ways were they won't be able to give us a canned answer, we should help each other out and make sure that the questions don't allow them to weasel out of like they did when I asked Tam "is it true that at a german convention interview that you said that the only reason that the angel mechanic was added was to fit the three stance system from heavenly sword?" and he said "Different designers, different combat engine and more weapons. Capcom were heavily involved in direction." as you can see I did not get a yes or no answer, when you are answering someone you give them a yes or a no, then you explain.
Or you could use your abilities to infer and take it as a no. Could just be a coincidence, you know.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Or you could use your abilities to infer and take it as a no. Could just be a coincidence, you know.
It's a yes/no question. And should be answered that way.
That's the reason gaming journalists suck crap. They accept pretty much any answer.

And what causes that? Tons of confusions among gamers.

Vezild

It's a yes/no question. And should be answered that way.
That's the reason gaming journalists suck crap. They accept pretty much any answer.

And what causes that? Tons of confusions among gamers.
No that doesn't make journalists suck crap. They can't push the developers too far because the developers have to keep secrets.
Besides, that question about Heavenly Sword is not even related to DmC. That's just Ninja Theory conspiracy sentimism.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
No that doesn't make journalists suck crap. They can't push the developers too far because the developers have to keep secrets.
Besides, that question about Heavenly Sword is not even related to DmC. That's just Ninja Theory conspiracy sentimism.
It's DmC related. It's asking if the influence of angel and three stances comes from Heavenly sword.

Dante47

Question 1: Will DmC have multiple and unlock-able difficulty modes like previous games?
Question 2: Will Dante's shop from older games "Devil May Cry" have any importance?
Question 3: Will the controls be similar to previous installments?
Question 4: Will Dante's original sword, Rebellion, play a role in the reboot?
Question 5: Will this game feature 20 missions (not counting "secret" missions) like previous games?
Thank you.

Vezild

It's DmC related. It's asking if the influence of angel and three stances comes from Heavenly sword.
Well I read the question as asking if it was just implemented to go with Heavenly Sword's style.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
*late response*
Yo, Axe is here! Welcome dude!
But to my questions:

1) How many hours of playtime will the average gamer put into the story?

2) Though it looks similar in some ways, the combat at this point is very different from DMC 3 and 4's. How confident are you that the finished product will be enjoyed by the hardcore DMC fans?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Is there confirmed multiplayer/ co-op?

From my friend apollo on nt forum-

"I would like to know Nt's approach on the terrorist themes. With Dmc not being a military style game it allows a lot more leeway as to what can be done with this theme. "

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Also:
Dante's sword seems to be regular sized compared to past games, fitting with the less over-the-top story and presentation.
Can we expect to see alternate interpretations of weapons from previous games, or are you designing a whole new weapon set?

Domenic93

here's another question

will there be a morality system in the game and if so does it act like it does in Starwars the old republic or mass effect?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I got two questions for now.

1. Who is the voice actor for Dante?
and
2. Since the environment is interactive and this game is more focussed on the storytelling aspect, would certain choices we make during the game have an affect on the outcome of the story, eg. is there an alternate ending, or is it pretty much straight forward?

If that makes sense.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'm really liking a lot of these questions, guys and gals! Keep 'em coming!

Just a quick update: I still haven't yet heard from Ninja Theory. I had initially spoken with Dom Matthews in our first email exchange in late-2010, but I have not yet received a response from him concerning this second interview request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom