• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you rather be stuck in a broken elevator with Vergil or Dante?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Dante. Man's got a sense of humor...wait, it's not DMC 2 or DmC Dante is it?

Well i think he also a good guy to hang out with & DMC2's dante would be perfect as he's silent and i'd get a chance to ask the secret of his hairstyle :D also from where did get his devil hunter dudes

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
Dante_4.png

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Dante. Man's got a sense of humor...wait, it's not DMC 2 or DmC Dante is it?

I wouldn't mind getting stuck in the elevator with a DMC2 Dante. I'd be marveling at his clothes half the time, me thinks. Then again, I'd be more willing to be stuck in there with him while he's in his Majin from.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
^Not to mention that in SMT3: Nocturne DMC2 Dante found back his sense of humor. Same with DMC2 Novel.

True, his sense of humor did come back in the DMC2 novel and in SMT3. xD I guess in the game, he's just a wee bit grumpy. I mean...taking the heat for Daddy dearest after all these years...? For once he might have thought. "Fine, let's just go with it."

S.F.W

King of Hearts
Neither. Why? Well.....
DANTE:
(Walks in elevator with box of pizza eating)
Me: Nom Nom Nom
Dante: Finally!
Me: Nom Nom Nom (looks at him)
Dante: I've been waiting for this! It's overdue! (Takes whole box and gets out of elevator next floor)
Me: ..... I paid for that...

VERGIL:
(Walks in elevator with box of pizza eating)
Me: Nom Nom N-- HURGH?!
Vergil: Hmph! (Sheaths sword as my head falls on the ground) Too noisy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You do know that Vergil hates humans, right? Do you want to be stuck on an elevador with a guy that not only cut you in half but in to quarters and then eighths and then sixteenths and then thirtytwos and then even smaller pieces but provably also wants to? No thanks, I'll bear with all the 'WOHOOO's in the world over that.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
You do know that Vergil hates humans, right? Do you want to be stuck on an elevador with a guy that not only cut you in half but in to quarters and then eighths and then sixteenths and then thirtytwos and then even smaller pieces but provably also wants to? No thanks, I'll bear with all the 'WOHOOO's in the world over that.

Nah. There's really no evidence he hates them so much he wants want to kill them on sight, like some kind of psychopath. He could have chopped Lady (and her bazooka) in half (you're talking about a sword that can cut stone cleanly) but didn't, and that's a human who was actually trying to kill him.

I'd just... y'know, keep quiet and enjoy the view.

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
^Not to mention that in SMT3: Nocturne DMC2 Dante found back his sense of humor. Same with DMC2 Novel.
Well correct me if I'm wrong but I think the novel takes place before the game. I haven't read the novel, which I do want to read badly, but I've read what its about. Apparently Trish goes bad and sides with Mundus again, and Dante has to kill her this time. So my theory is that maybe due to what happens in the novel, Dante becomes more serious. But like I said before, correct me if I'm wrong about the novel. Since I haven't read it.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Sorry, I'm coming into this thread really late - I hadn't noticed it, but I've just enjoyed reading through it.

My answer?
Hmmmmmmm

Vergil! :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well correct me if I'm wrong but I think the novel takes place before the game. I haven't read the novel, which I do want to read badly, but I've read what its about. Apparently Trish goes bad and sides with Mundus again, and Dante has to kill her this time. So my theory is that maybe due to what happens in the novel, Dante becomes more serious. But like I said before, correct me if I'm wrong about the novel. Since I haven't read it.

I'll correct you then, lol. The novel is before the game, but Trish doesn't change. Dante travels to a parallel universe where the good guys are bad and the evil guys are good. So yeah, he teams up with guys like Griffon and Phantom to kill the bad guys, Trish included. I didn't see him feeling any bad in particular after that when he returned to his universe.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'll correct you then, lol. The novel is before the game, but Trish doesn't change. Dante travels to a parallel universe where the good guys are bad and the evil guys are good. So yeah, he teams up with guys like Griffon and Phantom to kill the bad guys, Trish included. I didn't see him feeling any bad in particular after that when he returned to his universe.

Maybe that explains why he's a "Bug up my ass" in DMC2

ON TOPIC: I would pick newDante. The guys a fun little asshole and he's got that grappling hook, so he could just fly us out of there.
What's that? Wrong Dante?
you-mad-copy.jpg

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
Ah now that's I'm talking about. Now it makes more sense why I was confused about the part where Phantom and other demons were good guys. Damn I really need to read that then. In that case thanks for correcting me Tony. I guess Capcom just messed up Dante's sense of humor then.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
my scenarios:
dante
me: *walks in elevator* ......
dante: hey whats up?
me: -.-
dante: what are you a mute or something?
me: >8(
dante: come on man
me: *kills self by smashing head against wall*
dante: O_O...........

vergil
me: *walks into elevator* hm hm hm hm
vergil: silence!
me: no!
vergil: *slowly unseaths sword*
me: WINNING!!!!
vergil: OW MY BRAIN!!!!
me: EPIC WINNING!!!!