• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC2 Wishlist (Characters, Stories, etc.)

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
-Keep the auto lock but improve upon it, I like the freedom of movement in this game with combat.
-I would love(although I know this will never happen) for Vergil to be a playable, main character
-More combos for weapons
-more action packed cut scenes
-ANGELS! It's been five games and they have never shown up.
-more weapons. Of course keep Ebony and Ivory and Rebellion maybe one other weapon but the rest could be all new weapon types. Keep this grounded and not nonsensical, leave that for the old dmc games
-Maybe one or two characters from the old series but the rest should be all new original characters.

Martius

SSSmokin!
-ANGELS! It's been five games and they have never shown up.
In orignal series there was only demons. Member of Order from dmc4 infused with demonic power only called themself angels.
I suppose in reboot making Eva angel was done in last moment. Vergil is talking "there have been always demon and angels, there have been always war" and all we got is that for demon Eva was whore.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
In orignal series there was only demons. Member of Order from dmc4 infused with demonic power only called themself angels.
I suppose in reboot making Eva angel was done in last moment. Vergil is talking "there have been always demon and angels, there have been always war" and all we got is that for demon Eva was whore.
After working on a few video games myself, I highly doubt that was something done at the last moment, probably was something they decided on early to mid development of the game. I suppose that Eva is the closet they have gotten to integrating angels in this series. I would like to just see more of a presence from them, like where have they been this whole time? Did the demons with the war because none of angels seem to do anything in DmC except occasionally have sex with Dante apparently lol

Martius

SSSmokin!
Pole dancers with plastic wings are not angels. There is war but not even one demon is saying anything about that war or angels. "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" Angels could help order a bit and just keep eye on Vergil, but that was of course too hard for NT.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Well I was talking about some of the artwork where the angels seem to be all over him and that image where he is in bed with a bunch of girls and a few of them have wings. I was not sure if those were just strippers or if Dante actually does hook up with angels lol

SuperDante007

I agree 100% about Angels, in my early stories about DMC5 before the reboot was announced I was constantly trying to incorporate them and I think Bayonetta really opened up the possibilities of Angels being beautifully hideous in their own way if that makes any sense. Fighting Angels AND Demons would be amazing, essentially you could put Dante in the middle of a stirring war as Paradise and Inferno (HELL) vie for control of the human realm to gain ground and turn the war in their favor whilst Dante fights both for the freedom of mankind and they both view him as an abomination. Have Trish or someone similar come in to aid Dante and Kat and have her be an angel, one of the few to see Dante as something more than a monster. If you made the Angels dicks like in supernatural, Dante could be viewed as a Demon with a heart, an Angel who doesn't place himself above humanity and whilst not human, he embodies the best of them... I would include Vergil but we are yet to see what the DLC Vergils Downfall has in store for him so we can't speculate on where his character will end up IMO. Just there is a very simple and easy outline for a sequel that has a lot of potential/possibilities :)
On other notes
- Different weapons (which would happen anyway)
- Nephilim trigger (Triggered in its full against the last boss which I might add must be MUCH better than Mundus)

EDIT - Also, since Limbo has been revealed to the world, Demons in their TRUE form ie Original Mundus etc
- Increased attack power via Dantes increased power with tougher enemies
- Keep it without lock-on (or have an option if people really want it)
- Deeper story, more action sequences, BETTER/MORE/EPIC Boss Battles (A MUST)
They've established the characters/new world etc so time to go deeper IMO
-Dantes hair slightly longer ;)

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I agree 100% about Angels, in my early stories about DMC5 before the reboot was announced I was constantly trying to incorporate them and I think Bayonetta really opened up the possibilities of Angels being beautifully hideous in their own way if that makes any sense. Fighting Angels AND Demons would be amazing, essentially you could put Dante in the middle of a stirring war as Paradise and Inferno (HELL) vie for control of the human realm to gain ground and turn the war in their favor whilst Dante fights both for the freedom of mankind and they both view him as an abomination. Have Trish or someone similar come in to aid Dante and Kat and have her be an angel, one of the few to see Dante as something more than a monster. If you made the Angels dicks like in supernatural, Dante could be viewed as a Demon with a heart, an Angel who doesn't place himself above humanity and whilst not human, he embodies the best of them... I would include Vergil but we are yet to see what the DLC Vergils Downfall has in store for him so we can't speculate on where his character will end up IMO. Just there is a very simple and easy outline for a sequel that has a lot of potential/possibilities :)
On other notes
- Different weapons (which would happen anyway)
- Nephilim trigger (Triggered in its full against the last boss which I might add must be MUCH better than Mundus)

EDIT - Also, since Limbo has been revealed to the world, Demons in their TRUE form ie Original Mundus etc
- Increased attack power via Dantes increased power with tougher enemies
- Keep it without lock-on (or have an option if people really want it)
- Deeper story, more action sequences, BETTER/MORE/EPIC Boss Battles (A MUST)
They've established the characters/new world etc so time to go deeper IMO
-Dantes hair slightly longer ;)
Yeah Bayonetta did a great job with it's freaked out version of angels. If you read any biblical descriptions of angels then you can see they already look kinda weird and gruesome.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Firearms:
- We've seen his pistols & shotgun. How about....
- Sniper Rifle
- Rocket Launcher
... added to his arsenal.

Why not have Lucifer/Satan or one of the fallen angels be the antagonist and the angels the anti-heroes.

Azure King

Firearms:
- We've seen his pistols & shotgun. How about....
- Sniper Rifle
- Rocket Launcher
... added to his arsenal.

Why not have Lucifer/Satan or one of the fallen angels be the antagonist and the angels the anti-heroes.

Some angels vs fallen angels plot could be interesting, Dante having a true DT form using his demon/angel potential at it's maximum, Trish or Lady making an appearance and etcetera

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Some angels vs fallen angels plot could be interesting, Dante having a true DT form using his demon/angel potential at it's maximum, Trish or Lady making an appearance and etcetera
Looking at some of the concept art it seems they were planning on having an angel and devil trigger. It would be nice to see that implemented as well as having more of a use for the DT meter, and not having east a giant chunk of energy when you use it and maybe not having it deplete so quickly.

Azure King

Looking at some of the concept art it seems they were planning on having an angel and devil trigger. It would be nice to see that implemented as well as having more of a use for the DT meter, and not having east a giant chunk of energy when you use it and maybe not having it deplete so quickly.

And having more supernatural effects, like when you activate the new DT, timestop + life absorption of his enemy-something like this, it would be cool

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
And having more supernatural effects, like when you activate the new DT, timestop + life absorption of his enemy-something like this, it would be cool
Yeah that would be awesome, it would be nice to be able to level up DT and AT abilities like Nero in DMC4 and make it more customizable. I am sure they thought of a lot of that stuff already but just were not able to fully implement it so my fingers are crossed to see what could come in a potential sequel.

EvilX-81

I liked that certain moves of Dante were altered or enhanced in DMC4 when DT'ed. The Dt'ed Kick13 though was a little overly elaborate and annoying though.

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
Angel Run: a high-speed sustainable dash for quick traversal and perhaps running on walls. Opens up some neat traversal challenge possibilities.

Demon Guard: Instead of a dodge, a parry activated by the evasion button in Demon mode for damage boosts would be a nice touch.

Stylish traversal options. A more fleshed out and challenging traversal system would be really cool, in addition to the Angel Run mechanic I just mentioned. With sufficient options available, I'd like to see a point scoring system in place for traversing challenges in stylish ways, like with flips, landing particularly hard optional maneuvers, and taking hidden paths.

I don't mind the color-coded enemies in principle, but their execution could be improved. Only being able to attack with two weapons is too limiting, as much as I am convinced that restriction breeds creativity. Maybe it would be better if they could not be hit by their opposing element, but could be hit by their corresponding element (which does extra damage) and Rebellion.

Expanded moveset. What we got is solid, but there's always room for improvement. Maybe use the Melee and Melee Special buttons together for something? Back-forward special move inputs? Special input moves for guns? I always thought toward-toward a second target while shooting with E&I would be a great way to put in Twosome Time.

I think we need to keep something in mind about adding new weapons: what do they do differently? How do they fit the theme of their category? For example, how would Angel Greaves still focus on the wide, sweeping mobility of the Angel weapons while differentiating itself from Osiris and Aquila? Maybe they emphasize movement, and feature combos that carry Dante across the area as he attacks, or features more launchers to complement Osiris' outward knockbacks and Aquila's suck-in moves. I guess what it boils down to is "how does this weapon move enemies, and how does it move Dante?" The rest is fluff.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I want more characters for Dante to ally himself with and those to fight against. Those that are natural (human) and those supernatural (angels, demons, hybrids - cambion, nephilim, dhampir & rephaim).

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
Maybe traversal options that are keyed to specific weapons? Like having Angel Boost be Aquila-only, and Angel Lift be Osiris-only. It would certainly make the traversal sequences more challenging.

Top Bottom