• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory: Devil May Cry Skeptics "Secretly Want to Like It"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I hate "snipping" people's post, but I didn't want to drag my post out. :eek:
I honestly don't know where you got some of the stuff you're saying. NT are under a lot of pressure to please us? Our reactions are going to influence how well they do? Two things, LoD....well actually three things 1) You know I like you and don't me to offend you when I say 2) You're practically saying people shouldn't state their opinions then. A "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all" kind of thing. So in other words if our opinions are effecting NT then only nice opinions should be said because that will apparently help them create a better game and negative opinions will create a bad one. Thank goodness that isn't true because 3) NT as well as Capcom have shown time and time again they really don't care what any fan thinks about the game, so I doubt what anyone says is effecting them.

It came from my own thoughts about these arguments/debates. I never said anywhere that people can't have their own opinion about this. It's not people's opinions about the game that I care about. Because if someone doesn't like something they have the right to say so. That's okay with me. I just find a lot of people are facing up to Ninja Theory and saying "You're the ones who are ruining this Franchise". I mean story wise, DMC was already ruined. It has been for a long time now as nothing was ever really explained to us. It seems that Capcom shoved DMC 4 out there and then thought "Hm, don't know how we're going to explain all of this"... If they can't be bothered to give us answers, hopefully Ninja Theory will. My point was that just hearing non-constructive criticism isn't going to help anyone in the long run. It isn't going to help anyone at all. Telling Ninja Theory they are doing a bad job is more likely going to encourage them less about this game. Ninja Theory are only saying they don't care what we think because it's gone like this - Capcom tell Ninja Theory to take up the challenge of making a new DMC game. Ninja Theory create DmC and change a lot of the things we've come to know and love about DMC. People see the changes and blame Ninja Theory, hardly blaming Capcom for what has happened. Capcom 'get away' with ruining their own gaming series by putting the responsibility onto Ninja Theory (Who many have already said "simply can't make a good DMC game with their track record") It's like handing down something that's deemed as quite valuable to someone you know won't take good care of it. What do you want the result to be? Ninja Theory get a lot of pressure from this and think "We'll do it our own way, it's what Capcom has given us the power to do". They knew many fans would say no because it was a big change. When things change people usually don't take kindly to it until it eventually settles in. In this case the only way around it was for Ninja Theory to seemingly 'ignore' the fans and go ahead with their instincts and say "This is the right thing to do". If they had just said "Oh okay, we'll make it exactly how Capcom made it" then it would mean they'd have to stick to keeping it exactly identical to what we've already seen, and Ninja Theory wanted to make it new and refreshed and revitalised and obviously Capcom had nothing against them planning to do this, in fact they instigated it (Which is why it's as much their fault if people don't like it).

Our reactions to this may not change anything, it won't make them make a bad game. It won't influence how they work. But it won't help anything either. Being positive about it won't make them make any more better decisions with this game than they are already planning to make, but it'd be better to be more constructive with criticisms in regards to this game so that we can all understand where everyone's opinions lie. Instead of just saying "Looks like a **** game"... "I agree, I hate it".

Meg

snip again
Ah, let me clear up what I meant. I didn't mean YOU were saying people can't express their opinions, so much as that's what the logic of your original post seemed to be pointing. But I get what you are saying now. True, it would be more helpful to give concrit, even if it isn't very nice, then to just be like "WAAAAHHHH!!!!! DMC IS RUINED!" because let's face it, concrit is waaaay more helpful for any story. :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Ah, let me clear up what I meant. I didn't mean YOU were saying people can't express their opinions, so much as that's what the logic of your original post seemed to be pointing. But I get what you are saying now. True, it would be more helpful to give concrit, even if it isn't very nice, then to just be like "WAAAAHHHH!!!!! DMC IS RUINED!" because let's face it, concrit is waaaay more helpful for any story. :)

Oh I definitely do agree with you on this point. It would help a lot. Just for us fans to understand each other a little better and understand our points and opinions and to share points, opinions and ideas.

aka958

Don't trust people
It's no secret. I hate it and I want to like it but I don't want to like the stuff they have in it. I just want to like the next DMC game. <.<

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's no secret. I hate it and I want to like it but I don't want to like the stuff they have in it. I just want to like the next DMC game. <.<

What is it that you specifically hate about the game may I ask? Just out of curiosity. You don't have to specify or feel like you have to answer for yourself, if you feel like you don't want to. I just want to get to know a little bit more about people's 'problems' with DmC.

I mean personally I kind of see Tameem's point as "I know there's a lot of hate in relation to this game right now, but I hope people do secretly like some elements to this game". Instead of knowing his statement to be true, he's sort of said it in a desperate hope to find some truth out of it.

aka958

Don't trust people
What is it that you specifically hate about the game may I ask? Just out of curiosity. You don't have to specify or feel like you have to answer for yourself, if you feel like you don't want to. I just want to get to know a little bit more about people's 'problems' with DmC.

I mean personally I kind of see Tameem's point as "I know there's a lot of hate in relation to this game right now, but I hope people do secretly like some elements to this game". Instead of knowing his statement to be true, he's sort of said it in a desperate hope to find some truth out of it.

I hate Dante's new design. They cleared his face up so he doesn't look like some drug addict, that's really good but still it's just not Dante.
I hate the music they've put in there, it's awful in my opinion. Nothing I've heard like in the past DMC games.
I hate that they pulled off some random angel stuff in there.
I hate how they made the game being played like Heavenly Sword when it is supposed to be a reboot from DMC, can they not update the DMC gameplay and not Heavenly Swords gameplay? -.-
I hate the absolutely stupid (in my opinion) first trailer that took a definite step away from the DMC feel (not counting Dante's appearance).

I hate how the game makes me feel like there won't be any true sequel to DMC.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I hate Dante's new design. They cleared his face up so he doesn't look like some drug addict, that's really good but still it's just not Dante.
I hate the music they've put in there, it's awful in my opinion. Nothing I've heard like in the past DMC games.
I hate that they pulled off some random angel stuff in there.
I hate how they made the game being played like Heavenly Sword when it is supposed to be a reboot from DMC, can they not update the DMC gameplay and not Heavenly Swords gameplay? -.-
I hate the absolutely stupid (in my opinion) first trailer that took a definite step away from the DMC feel (not counting Dante's appearance).

I hate how the game makes me feel like there won't be any true sequel to DMC.

Well Ninja Theory made a big mistake to begin with. Even I admit I hated the designs they first put out there. I'm glad they changed him to this though, it's something that I can relate to a lot better and he looks okay enough. Just have to make a few more changes to him I think. A few facial changes (Moulding him to look like how he did in DMC 3 perhaps) Not completely, just in that direction. And they could change his hair back to silver. Would those changes be good enough in your opinion? Just curious as to how someone who doesn't like it such as yourself may be persuaded to like it in the end.

I agree, the music isn't that great. Would it be better if it was more rock/metal music going on instead? Would that change your mind there too?

I like the new angel stuff. Wait for them to explain it. Seems like there's a lot of good ideas they have with it (More moves and styles) Is that not cool for you? Or would you rather him just be half demon and half human?

What's wrong with the trailer? I mean, the enemies designs could be a lot better. And the change of his appearance and the music behind it. Is it the combat aspect you dislike the most here?

Yeah that annoys me too. I want there to still be a sequel to DMC and not a DMC Reboot.

aka958

Don't trust people
Well Ninja Theory made a big mistake to begin with. Even I admit I hated the designs they first put out there. I'm glad they changed him to this though, it's something that I can relate to a lot better and he looks okay enough. Just have to make a few more changes to him I think. A few facial changes (Moulding him to look
like how he did in DMC 3 perhaps) Not completely, just in that direction. And they could change his hair back to silver. Would those changes be good enough in your opinion? Just curious as to how someone who doesn't like it such as yourself may be persuaded to like it in the end.

I agree, the music isn't that great. Would it be better if it was more rock/metal music going on instead? Would that change your mind there too?

I like the new angel stuff. Wait for them to explain it. Seems like there's a lot of good ideas they have with it (More moves and styles) Is that not cool for you? Or would you rather him just be half demon and half human?

What's wrong with the trailer? I mean, the enemies designs could be a lot better. And the change of his appearance and the music behind it. Is it the combat aspect you dislike the most here?

Yeah that annoys me too. I want there to still be a sequel to DMC and not a DMC Reboot.

Yes it would slightly persuade me.

I dunno, like in the past DMC games music, since it fits the DMC style. <.<

It depends on how they perform it, I don't like the general concept of being a half angel and half demon in a DMC game. But if they pull it off with flying colors then yes, it is considered something positive.

The style of it. The combat is okay, really. But it has a sluggish feel to it, starts of as a movie trailer and wtf is it with the mental hospital theme popping up saying "what is your name?". <.<

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes it would slightly persuade me.

I dunno, like in the past DMC games music, since it fits the DMC style. <.<

It depends on how they perform it, I don't like the general concept of being a half angel and half demon in a DMC game. But if they pull it off with flying colors then yes, it is considered something positive.

The style of it. The combat is okay, really. But it has a sluggish feel to it, starts of as a movie trailer and wtf is it with the mental hospital theme popping up saying "what is your name?". <.<

Ninja Theory don't really have to tweak too much in that case. I think it's not much to ask for. So say Ninja Theory change Dante's facial appearance once more to make him look a bit more like DMC 3 Dante and give him his silver hair back. They change the music back to how it was in the previous games. And they pull off their news ideas in regards to his angel side in style, still keeping the feel of DMC. Then do you reckon yourself and others may be happy with it or more so happy?

Are they still keeping the whole "What is your name?" thing? I think personally they should scrap what they started out with. Keep all this new stuff from the point they changed Dante's style into what we're seeing now and see how it goes from there on out.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
To me it's no secret - I am sceptical about what I've seen so far. I really want to like it. I hope I do like it. Im liking it less when I read things like this! Duh!

(I'm talking about the first post - I read it, posted, then read everything else on in this thread. Duh again!)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Dammit, I didn't edit in time. No LoD, not at all. I'm behind - I was just furious after reading the first post and the title 'secretly want to like it' - WTF?! Sorry for butting in and causing confusion. ;)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
And for the "Just For Fun" mode, you can batter whichever character winds you up the most for extra orbs...collect enough of them and you'll get the new Dante as a bonus character to play with. Or break open, depending on your opinion of him.

Yeah, this could totally work...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
And for the "Just For Fun" mode, you can batter whichever character winds you up the most for extra orbs...collect enough of them and you'll get the new Dante as a bonus character to play with. Or break open, depending on your opinion of him.

Yeah, this could totally work...

Will you work on developing this game or are you planning on taking the idea to Ninja Theory? lol

Dante_Slayer

Unwanted Someone
I think people aren't being secretive about their feelings. That'd just be gay if they were, right? Not in any offence to gays.

aka958

Don't trust people
I think people aren't being secretive about their feelings. That'd just be gay if they were, right? Not in any offence to gays.

What people want to show or not is not anything to be demeaning about. If they lie to themselves they are fools, but gay is not the right word for it. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom