• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory: Devil May Cry Skeptics "Secretly Want to Like It"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
The only good thing about this article that jumped out at me:

Huuuu, you mean this hawt piece of art?

389548-dmc4_dante_super.png

@.@
Studmuffin don't do him no justice.
But if he WAS a muffin... lol...Dante-muffins.
I will bake these. And they will have his face on them. And they will be the best goddamn muffins ever created.

But seriously... this made me laugh. There's people out there who just flat out hate it and don't want to secretly like it. That happens with all games ever made, seriously Capcom and Ninja Theory. >.>

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not aiming this at anyone, but a lot of people are just blaming Ninja Theory or appearing to just blame Ninja Theory for this. That's where my point lies.

It's easier to just put the blame on one company or to blame Ninja Theory more because they are now making the choices, but that's not the right way to go about it. People need to understand and respect that.
I'm going to quote this because I'm one if the people who have been slandering NT.
My jest with NT is that I don't feel they are living up to their rep of good story telling. I can overlook the drastic changes they have made in regards to how everything looks graphic wise. I can deal with the gameplay looking slower than previous titles.
What has me throwing my toys at NT is that, as Angelo Credo said before, it smacks of fanfiction, and a very poor one at that.
Im not saying the half angel thing won't work. But I most certainly do not like it.

Also, NT is affected by what the fans have to say, despite Tameems' claims. I can gaurantee you that's a BS story they want the fans to believe. They may not change anything about the game FOR the fans but they most definitely are affected by the fans' response. I wasnt lying when I said i have contacts at NT.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
I agree with Asmo and Tameem there,sorry most of you but they are sorta right.I also think you just hate it because of the new Dante and half-demon-angel side,new style of weapons.I cant believe people are letting Some character make them go swearing,insulting NT for their favorite Dante,hey,I love Dante alot too and why am i not complaining?I dont care what they do to him,they just do it.

Some of us or me at least care about DMC story being a half demon and half human, and the whole point of DMC is that he cares about the humans and protect them from demons.. (after what happend to Eva). That also makes him a demonhunter too..

I know that this is a reboot, but when NT and capcom says that it still is or will feel like dmc or it's dmc orgins, where they really fooled me when they said about that..
Because the main reason why it's called Devil May Cry is when he lost his loves one he cryes (like humans..) this explains the title.

Half angel and half demon does't fit into the title Devil May Cry!!! Soo what's new, angels cryies too (Angels may cry) ???

Being a half demon and half human is one of the most important part that gets the title Devil May Cry!!!

And before the angel crap came out, I was pretty excited about how the game should be.
And I liked the e3 trailer showing the gameplay, but not how he looked in the DT..
And the first trailer storyline was pretty good..
But this half angel thing will have hole different story.. Not a devil may cry story but maybe a devil may care story...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Will you work on developing this game or are you planning on taking the idea to Ninja Theory? lol
I've got some half-eaten crayons lying around the place - I'm fairly confident I can rustle up some artistic impressions of what I plan to do. NT can't handle that much epicness though so I think I'll have to keep it as my own project for now.

But everyone would have to agree to play it and love it or I'll cry.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Some of us or me at least care about the DMC story and Dante being half demon and half human. The whole point of DMC is that he cares about the humans and protect them from demons (After what happend to Eva). That also explains why he is a demon hunter too.

I know that this is a reboot, but when NT and Capcom said that it still is or will feel like DMC or its DMC origins, well they really fooled me when they said about that...

Because the main reason why it's called Devil May Cry is because when he lost his loved ones he cries (Like humans do) this explains the title. Half angel and half demon doesn't fit into the title Devil May Cry!!! So what now, angels cry too? (Angels may cry?).

Being a half demon and half human is one of the most important part of the game, making Devil May Cry what it is!!! But this half angel thing will have a whole different story. And not a Devil May Cry story, but maybe a Devil May Care story.

I'm not arguing against the points you've made. I mean, opinion wise, that's what you think about the story. And I'm assuming that you also think that any 'true' Devil May Cry fan would agree with your opinion, and that's okay with me also (If you do assume such a thing). The problem I have is that I am a true Devil May Cry fan myself. There are others here like myself that don't mind the whole half demon and half angel approach. That doesn't mean I don't care about Devil May Cry, it means I'm open to change. I can embrace what Ninja Theory has to offer us. I know it's a huge change, but like I've said before, it does clear up some aspects that Devil May Cry never could explain.

As many have said, the whole thing about Dante being human is how he relates to humanity and whatnot (How he protects us, cares for us, can even cry over us). But that doesn't mean he can't share human emotions as an angel too. If anything I believe that angels are just like humans. In appearance that is. The only difference between humans and angels is that angels have wings and are holy (And as I've stated before, surely anything holy would work against demons). It's already shown in Devil May Cry that holy water harms demons greatly. Holy water is supposed to be water that is blessed by someone with religious beliefs (Someone who is high up) like a priest or priestess or something. Surely an angel would be more religious than a priest/priestess? More holy? More powerful then against demons? Most likely.

But to say that angels can't have human emotions, when angels (If you look at it in religious terms) are holy divine beings who have earned their rank because of all of their good deeds on Earth. And with good and honest caring deeds, you must have feelings and emotions. You simply have to care about things and others around you. Dante having an angel side does not destroy that human aspect within him. What would of been ridiculous would of been making Dante a full demon (Like Sparda was) now that would of been stupid and I wouldn't of liked that.

People are acting like they can't relate to Dante now, even though this change explains things that Capcom couldn't be bothered to explain to us (As I've made my points clear before). I really don't understand the difference it makes to the story or to the point of Devil May Cry as a whole. It isn't going to be Angel May Cry, or they wouldn't of called it DmC. No offence but a lot of people make comments like yours saying things of that nature, and I simply don't get it. It seems a lot of people just want to say that every move that's being made is a bad decision before they think on the actual benefits it makes or begin to understand what it could explain. And my last point is that we shouldn't be thinking that it isn't like a Devil May Cry game or whatever, because it will be what Ninja Theory make it. And if it isn't a Devil May Cry game at the end of the day, it'll be their fault but more so Capcom's fault as I stated earlier.

Right now they are changing things, it's in development. Who knows if they will even stick to it? But my final point rests on this. You all state that Devil May Cry is a game in which Dante has these human emotions, he feels our pain. Dante suffers like we do and all that jazz. This is what makes Devil May Cry what it is. What we've come to know and love, right? So okay, I think we've summarised that now. What is the story of DmC? What have we heard so far from Tameem about the story? Or about why Dante is doing all of these things?

Dante is angry with the demons, they have affected him personally (Tameem could be referring to the death of Dante's mother affecting Dante) Dante is clearly emotionally hurt by these demons. In their fake World of surveying us, Dante can see past their lies and can see their demonic World for what it is. He wants to hurt the demons for what they have done to him. He wants revenge I am assuming. Dante in Devil May Cry started out because the demons had affected him personally also. Tameem is going to explain why in this game. The game will talk us through it and explain the story in more detail, clearing things up for us. Right, so we just established Dante clearly has emotions/feelings and he is fighting against demons. Isn't that what Devil May Cry was about anyway? Doesn't that just explain that this is no different, even if he is half angel now? I believe so, so where's the problem?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I'm not arguing against the points you've made. I mean, opinion wise, that's what you think about the story. And I'm assuming that you also think that any 'true' Devil May Cry fan would agree with your opinion, and that's okay with me also (If you do assume such a thing). The problem I have is that I am a true Devil May Cry fan myself. There are others here like myself that don't mind the whole half demon and half angel approach. That doesn't mean I don't care about Devil May Cry, it means I'm open to change. I can embrace what Ninja Theory has to offer us. I know it's a huge change, but like I've said before, it does clear up some aspects that Devil May Cry never could explain.

As many have said, the whole thing about Dante being human is how he relates to humanity and whatnot (How he protects us, cares for us, can even cry over us). But that doesn't mean he can't share human emotions as an angel too. If anything I believe that angels are just like humans. In appearance that is. The only difference between humans and angels is that angels have wings and are holy (And as I've stated before, surely anything holy would work against demons). It's already shown in Devil May Cry that holy water harms demons greatly. Holy water is supposed to be water that is blessed by someone with religious beliefs (Someone who is high up) like a priest or priestess or something. Surely an angel would be more religious than a priest/priestess? More holy? More powerful then against demons? Most likely.

But to say that angels can't have human emotions, when angels (If you look at it in religious terms) are holy divine beings who have earned their rank because of all of their good deeds on Earth. And with good and honest caring deeds, you must have feelings and emotions. You simply have to care about things and others around you. Dante having an angel side does not destroy that human aspect within him. What would of been ridiculous would of been making Dante a full demon (Like Sparda was) now that would of been stupid and I wouldn't of liked that.

People are acting like they can't relate to Dante now, even though this change explains things that Capcom couldn't be bothered to explain to us (As I've made my points clear before). I really don't understand the difference it makes to the story or to the point of Devil May Cry as a whole. It isn't going to be Angel May Cry, or they wouldn't of called it DmC. No offence but a lot of people make comments like yours saying things of that nature, and I simply don't get it. It seems a lot of people just want to say that every move that's being made is a bad decision before they think on the actual benefits it makes or begin to understand what it could explain. And my last point is that we shouldn't be thinking that it isn't like a Devil May Cry game or whatever, because it will be what Ninja Theory make it. And if it isn't a Devil May Cry game at the end of the day, it'll be their fault but more so Capcom's fault as I stated earlier.

Right now they are changing things, it's in development. Who knows if they will even stick to it? But my final point rests on this. You all state that Devil May Cry is a game in which Dante has these human emotions, he feels our pain. Dante suffers like we do and all that jazz. This is what makes Devil May Cry what it is. What we've come to know and love, right? So okay, I think we've summarised that now. What is the story of DmC? What have we heard so far from Tameem about the story? Or about why Dante is doing all of these things?

Dante is angry with the demons, they have affected him personally (Tameem could be referring to the death of Dante's mother affecting Dante) Dante is clearly emotionally hurt by these demons. In their fake World of surveying us, Dante can see past their lies and can see their demonic World for what it is. He wants to hurt the demons for what they have done to him. He wants revenge I am assuming. Dante in Devil May Cry started out because the demons had affected him personally also. Tameem is going to explain why in this game. The game will talk us through it and explain the story in more detail, clearing things up for us. Right, so we just established Dante clearly has emotions/feelings and he is fighting against demons. Isn't that what Devil May Cry was about anyway? Doesn't that just explain that this is no different, even if he is half angel now? I believe so, so where's the problem?

the only trait possessed by angels in every religion that includes them is that they are messengers of god. they are not human's with wings and holy powers. they do not have to be nice or caring or have emotions. angels are involved in every act of god not just the nice ones. and i have never heard any relegion mention angels complaining when god tells them to destroy something he doesn't like. they only care when god wants them to. and angels as former humans is not a standard trait so there is no reason to assume that Ninja Theory will include it.

Dante as a half-angel is not just a stronger version of Dante as a half-human. he is a compleatly different being. you can't just say that a change of species is not signifigant.

there is not a single plot hole in Devil May Cry that could be explained by making Dante a half-angel. Capcom has explained why Dante is so strong. he is a Son of Sparda. you know the demon who fought all of hell alone and won. the demon who is considerd a god by the people of Fortuna and they didn't need to add anything to the legend to make him seem like one. no level of power is to high for the son of a demon srong enough to be called a god.

i'm not saying that Dante as a half-angel is going to be automaticly bad but you are trying to act like it is nothing. it is a huge change that alters the entire theme of the series. no matter how they do it this Dante and this Devil May Cry cannot be anywhere close to the same as the original Dante and the orginal Devil May Cry. it could be the best game ever, it could be the worst. we won't know until we play it but we do know that it is complealy different from the series we have come to know and love. (at least the story is. the gameplay will probably be alot like the original series)

i agree with you that this is Capcom's fault as well as Ninja Theory's ( but i'm not giving Capcom any credit if this ends up being a good game. even really bad ideas can end up working.)

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
@ ChaosRaiden: JESUS, U ALWAYS FIND ALL OF THE LATEST NEWS!!! :eek: UR LIKE MY DmC NEWSPAPER!!!

in other words im pretty much saying thnxs for allways keeping us informed :D

on topic: i couldnt help but just stare at the screen like "WTF???" after i read wat Tameen said...it sounded kinda...oh idk, like, he got kinda stuck up ,perhaps >.>

Asmodaius

How angels are in real-life mythos doesn't necessarily mean they are like that in the DMC mythos. For example, angels in Bayonetta is NOTHING like the angels known in real-life mythos. So there's not much else to do than just wait and see how angels are represented in DMC.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've never seen an angel, so how do i know they don't look like the ones in Bayonetta?

I don't secretly want to like this, I WANT TO like this, but because of what i've already seen, I'm just not impressed. Slutty angels, and unimpressive so-called Devil trigger (in which Dante's hair changes colour... ooh whoop >.>) A scythe instead of a sword... A combat system from Heavenly Sword... Hardly innovative like the past games.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
I'm not arguing against the points you've made. I mean, opinion wise, that's what you think about the story. And I'm assuming that you also think that any 'true' Devil May Cry fan would agree with your opinion, and that's okay with me also (If you do assume such a thing). The problem I have is that I am a true Devil May Cry fan myself. There are others here like myself that don't mind the whole half demon and half angel approach. That doesn't mean I don't care about Devil May Cry, it means I'm open to change. I can embrace what Ninja Theory has to offer us. I know it's a huge change, but like I've said before, it does clear up some aspects that Devil May Cry never could explain.?

Make him half angel does not explain the title DMC, and it does not explain anything from the previous DMC games.. and this bothers me because this isn't Dante we know and why should he find himself in the earth with humans when he is half angel and half demon, and can instead be with the angels (was perhaps cast out?) or in the demon world???

I never knew that in some religious terms that angel does earned their rank up..
But still if he is half angel, and angels as I know is God's messengers, and they will go against Dante because his half demon.. (just maybe..)
So demons, angels(maybe God to) and humans or those in the first trailer where he is in asylum caught by humans will maybe go against him..
I don't think that angels will exept that he is half demon and angel, and the demons that how killed Eva ( if it still is) he hates demons after that and wants revenge... soo whats left, the humans? maybe.. but after being in asylum for examin him, he should be pi**** off.. Who will he protect??
I know that the picture where angels are sorrunding dante doesn't seem to care about Dante being a half demon, something that they should be.

Sometimes they dont have to explain everthing, they give hints that explains the some of the previous games.. and sometimes it's good to not explain everthing soo we can ourself find it out on the previous games or just think logical...

The game will talk us through it and explain the story in more detail, clearing things up for us. Right, so we just established Dante clearly has emotions/feelings and he is fighting against demons. Isn't that what Devil May Cry was about anyway? Doesn't that just explain that this is no different, even if he is half angel now? I believe so, so where's the problem?

Maybe or maybe not.. being a half angel is a big different at least for me in this series..
It's true that there is no different being emotions after losing his mother and fight against demons...

But the title doesn't fit in, and thats a big problem.. and he has to chose side between angels, demons and humans...

In the previous games being a half human and half demon, is that he got demons power/strenght and humans heart that makes the title devil may cry..

heatlancer

1# Trickster
the series is dead, this isn't devil may cry, completely new game/series, and a much lesser game/series at that

and LoD is right, i shouldn't blame ninja theory as they are just going about it with their own styles and the ones to blame are capcom which really lately have been ****ting on fans

Asmodaius

I wouldn't say the series is dead. This is Devil May Cry, but an alternate take on it. Might not be part of the main series, but that doesn't make it any less a DMC game.

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
I'll repeat;

I really don't think this should be a DMC game. It'd make a good non-DMC game, but it isn't... well... it's a meh-ish DMC game.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
I'll repeat;

I really don't think this should be a DMC game. It'd make a good non-DMC game, but it isn't... well... it's a meh-ish DMC game.

i'd probabley be more interested in it if it wasn't being labeled as a dmc game, but since it is, and dmc is my favourite series
it annoys me, doesn't mean the game can't be good, but i highly doubt it'll be good as previous dmc games(maybe surpass 2)

anyway, im off to inactivity again as this so far is not very apealing to me

Nicholas Vrakepedes

I've been thinking maybe DmC will be a good thing. Hopefully it will bomb like Devil May Cry 2. And like they did with Devil May cry 2 they saw their mistakes and then gave us the awesomeness that was Devil May Cry 3.

This is just me having high hopes for the future of Devil May Cry.

Asmodaius

I've been thinking maybe DmC will be a good thing. Hopefully it will bomb like Devil May Cry 2. And like they did with Devil May cry 2 they saw their mistakes and then gave us the awesomeness that was Devil May Cry 3.

This is just me having high hopes for the future of Devil May Cry.

Now that's just weak.
There are some things you don't like about this game, so you hope it will fail? That's just mean, man...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay, let's examine angels a little more closely shall we before people start to say that "Angels aren't divine beings, don't effect unholy things and don't have wings".

Firstly, angels were never depicted as having wings to begin with. That point I'll agree with you on. But nowadays if you look up angels you'll see that mostly they have 'white' wings. If we look at Credo from Devil May Cry 4, I believe that Credo's Devil Trigger was trying to act more like an Angel Trigger. That was what he was trying to imitate, an angel. Another very interesting and valid point that was made in another Thread was this; how can something try to shape/image itself as something, if that something is non-existent? Even if he was trying to falsely imitate something that he had some vague knowledge of (You could argue that this was what he thought an angel looked like) But why does it seem like Credo was trying to appear like an angel and be holy and that he conveniently had 'white' wings on his back? What was that trying to tell us? It convinces me more that this is how Capcom depicted angels. You could argue that it isn't how Ninja Theory may depict them. Rightly so. I mean, take a look at that horrible picture of a load of angels sat around Dante. Dante doesn't have white angelic wings in that picture, but all the angels around him do. Another reason to assume this is how Ninja Theory depict angels, otherwise why did they have wings in the image?

How angels are in real-life mythos doesn't necessarily mean they are like that in the DMC mythos. For example, angels in Bayonetta is NOTHING like the angels known in real-life mythos. So there's not much else to do than just wait and see how angels are represented in DMC.

Exactly, and that's the point I'm trying to make. It does not mean this isn't how they will portray angels. They could make them have all of these powers, you can't say that they can't because this isn't how it's portrayed religiously (They never stick to being exact in religious terms in these games, they modify things). They take facts we know about certain things and mould them and shape them into what they want, or what they think we might want to see. Meaning how they display angels could be totally different to anything we have ever even seen before, we'd have to wait and see what they do with it.

Some of you state that angels don't possess any stronger traits than us humans do. I disagree. If you want religion to back you up and you state that "angels are only portrayed as messengers of God", then how comes in certain areas it states differently?

Heavenly host refers to an army of good angels mentioned in the Bible. It is led either by the Archangel Michael, Jesus, or by God himself. Most descriptions of angels in the Bible describe them in military terms, such as encampment, command structure and combat. Its specific hierarchy differs slightly from the Hierarchy of Angels as it surrounds more military services, whereas the Hierarchy of angels is a division of angels into non-military services to God. The heavenly host participate in the War in Heaven and, according to some interpretations, will battle Satan and Satan's own army at the End of Days and be victorious.

Okay, so not getting too much into a religious debate here, what exactly does that tell us? Angels described mostly in military terms. Angels supposedly coming and battling against Satan and his evil armies. I'm not trying to look into this more greatly than necessary, I just want to go into more detail about angels before people state "they are no different to humans". They are indeed different, greatly so. This piece of information claims that they will do battle, they will fight. You wouldn't think that good would fight, but of course good will fight evil. Is Dante good? You would think so. Does he fight evil? I believe so. Does that mean he could be half angel and fight evil, possessing stronger powers from his angel self? I personally think so.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Another thing I'd like to refer to just to try and convince people that angels aren't just messengers of God is a list of famous angels and their supposed tasks (If we're going to use religion to back up our points here). After I have used these two points based on religion, I will use my own points further more to explain things about this.

Famous angels and their tasks:

Malachim (translation: messengers), general word for angel.
Michael (translation: who is like God), performs God's kindness.
Gabriel (translation: the strength of God), performs acts of justice and power.
Raphael (translation: God Heals), God's healing force.
Uriel (translation: God is my light), leads us to destiny.
Seraphim (translation: the burning ones), sing and praise God.
Malach HaMavet (translation: the angel of death.)
Satan (translation: the adversary.), brings people's sins before them in the heavenly court.
Chayot HaKodesh (translation: living beings.)
Ophanim (translation: arbits) Guardians of the Throne of God.

Above we see a list of 'famous angels and their tasks'. What does this tell you? There's an angel of death. You could argue and say that he is clearly the angel that gives us the message that it is time for us to move on. That is a fair point, I could agree with this. However, as many people are aware, Satan was indeed an angel before he fell from grace. He is the decided on who has sinned and who shall be punished for those sins. He is also deemed as evil however, the opposer to God. These angels don't just seem to have the task of bringing messages to people. Once again, you could argue that Satan's role is to make clear/convey the message that people have sinned and will therefore be punished in Hell. Once again that's a fair point, I could agree with you. However, when an angel's task is fulfilled then they are meant to 'disappear', I read. They apparently no longer seem to exist, because they have fulfilled their task. Their task is not always to send messages, as the above list makes clear to us. And angels who always need to do their task because their task is always required of them, would presumably remain in existence (Meaning they are needed for always). Much like how Satan and the angel of death's tasks are never endless, meaning they never cease to end themselves. Who would give the angel of death the message that it was to die itself? In turn you'd need another angel for that task, but the task would always continue. And much like life, death is something that is always needed, so death is forever eternal.

If we examine Devil May Cry, have we seen angels in it before? No, not exactly. Demons wanting to appear like angels, things like that. Never really an actual angel itself. But I ponder on Mundus, because to me he seems similar to Satan. Now hear me out with this one. In the bible, Satan was an angel right? Before he fell from grace. Angels weren't always depicted as having white wings, but they have been shown/displayed as having white wings in more recent periods of time. Mundus himself is the ruler of the Underworld, he acts like a 'God' of the Underworld. He tells Dante that "If you need a mother, I can create as many as you want" as if to say he is that powerful of a being that he can create life, which he can, he created Trish. That power itself is something of that of a God. I know, I'm using the word God and not angel, but hear me out more. If Gods/Goddesses did exist in the Devil May Cry Universe, but years and years ago, who is to say that Mundus was not like that of Satan? That he was an angel before he fell from grace and became a God of his own World, the Underworld. I know it's a really far-fetched idea and just an idea at that, but it makes you wonder about all the things they take from religious aspects and incorporate into the game itself. There's no saying that any of this stuff is right or wrong, we wouldn't know how their minds work.

The thing is we can't say anything is right or wrong at such an early stage in time, we can just say about how Dante being half angel would benefit the Series as a whole. Most have the opinion that it wouldn't, but until you know where Ninja Theory is going with this then we can't say it wouldn't benefit Dante or the story as such. I'm just looking at it in terms of what I've come to understand about angels and using that understanding to explain why I think it would explain things in Devil May Cry and benefit it.

Most would say that Dante is so powerful and whatnot because Sparda fought the demon armies alone and Dante, as Sparda's son, has that legendary power within him. I'm not disputing that, it's logical enough. It does not explain however how Dante would supposedly 'surpass' his father's power, as Dante only has half of his father's power. Vergil has half of his father's power also, just like Dante. So you would assume that the only way to make a being as powerful as Sparda would be to combine Vergil and Dante's powers together to completely make the power of their father. I don't see how that would be possible to do, and therefore given that Dante will always remain half human and half demon I don't see how he would ever surpass his father in terms of power. In Devil May Cry 1 Dante was weakened when Mundus fired the three red 'spears' into him. And it was only when he seemed to awaken the Devil within him that Mundus' next attack failed to hurt Dante. Even with all of his legendary power, Dante was still unable to defeat Mundus the first time they battled. Mundus reappeared and was backing Dante into the wall. Dante's strength was shown as not great enough, not until Trish came and helped him by lending him some of her powers to strengthen Ebony and Ivory's shots which in the end put the big guy down and he was resealed.

I'm not going back into the same old debate again as to how and why it seems more logical that Dante would eventually surpass his father's powers if Dante had full powers running through him, whether that be from him being a full demon or a hybrid or whatever. To me as my own opinion it seems logical and seems to explain that to me. It's not something to argue against or whatever, because it's my opinion. And most will dispute it with the fact that Sparda was such a legendary and powerful demon that the strength within him as been passed down to Dante. I will simply argue the same point that I just made above again and we'd continue in circles, so it would be pointless.

Why exactly does changing him into half angel and half demon affect anything in terms of story or in terms of game-play? People keep saying that it doesn't make it feel like a Devil May Cry game. It looks like a Devil May Cry game to me, more so than any other game would. We've already seen the amount of similarities it has to Devil May Cry 2, so it already shows it's kept that Devil May Cry feel (Regardless to it being Devil May Cry 2).

At this moment in time we should leave it as this. It's not a big thing until we know where Ninja Theory are taking it. Until we see where they are going with it. No I don't want to see Dante have white angelic wings, that wouldn't look like Devil May Cry to me and I wouldn't relate to that. But if it means they add in more styles and more ways to kill demons (Which Tameem has already said that's where they're going with the idea) then surely that's a lot better than the same old things we're use to, right? There could be loads of different styles in this game and lots of cool new things because of it. We'll have to wait and see what the next thing they show us is like in regards to this change of his character/background before we can judge whether it is good or bad.

Right now I'm positive it's good, my opinion could always be swayed or changed at any given time if Ninja Theory make a move that I don't really like in relation to this. To this moment in time, they haven't, so I'm optimistic about this.

Nicholas Vrakepedes

Now that's just weak.
There are some things you don't like about this game, so you hope it will fail? That's just mean, man...

Yea i know it seems I'm just trashing the game. But don't think I don't have reasons for doing so, And also don't think I have no positive things to say about it either.

The main reason why I'm upset is because there was really no good reason to reboot Devil May Cry, yeah I know DMC never had much going for it when it comes to the story but that could have been easily fixed.

As with most other DMC fans I am not happy with new Dante. Dante was fine, there were no problems with him whatsoever and many he was the fav video game character for many people. He was different then most main VG protagonists who are all serious all the time. He was cool and liked to goof around and toy with his enemies s a bit.

Not only that All the other characters (Lady, Trish, etc...) I know and love, I will probably never see again.

Another reason is that Ninja Theory has not had a good track record when it comes to their games. There is a huge chance they will screw this up. Yes I know the gameplay looks decent in the trailers. It was the same for Heavenly Sword and many ppl thought the actual gameplay was horrible.

There are more reasons but this link sums it all up.

http://imgur.com/0fqqP

(The biggest one for me here is that Tameem does not like "Japaneesey" things. Japan is where Devil May Cry came from)

Now here are my positive things to say about it with the little info that we have so far.

Supposedly Capcom is designing the enemies and bosses. (While I can't give them much credit on their story telling, Capcom knows how to make cool enemies.)

The newer DmC Dante model (that was shown in another thread here) does not look as bad (IMO) then the one we fist saw when they introduced the game, in fact I will say that the newer one looks waaaaaaay better then the one we first saw.

Lets say they did not screw up combat and it ends up playing pretty good. I know a lot of people hated that most recent gameplay trailer but for me all in all it was not so bad but don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's amazing either. Even tho it is running at 30 FPS the gameplay in general seems to be going at DMC 4 speed. DMC 4 was already a little slower compared to DMC 3 but many ppl still loved 4.

Now there is one thing I am neutral on. The whole Half Angel/Half Demon thing. I just don't know if I like that idea or if I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom