• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory: Devil May Cry Skeptics "Secretly Want to Like It"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'd rather have this reboot than another game about Nero, in all honesty.

Then what about a game about Sparda or Dante during his Tony Redgrave days?

Would you be interested in any of those?

Are do you think the reboot would still be better?

Asmodaius

Then what about a game about Sparda or Dante during his Tony Redgrave days?

Would you be interested in any of those?

Are do you think the reboot would still be better?

It depends if anything interesting happened in his Tony Redgrave days. What did he do back then? Was he a normal person with a normal life?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It depends if anything interesting happened in his Tony Redgrave days. What did he do back then? Was he a normal person with a normal life?

It was around the time he first started hunting demons.

He was a mercenary for hire who hunted demons.

Its actually the TRUE origin of the canon Dante and how he became a demon slayer.

So he was not a normal person by any means.

Asmodaius

It was around the time he first started hunting demons.

He was a mercenary for hire who hunted demons.

Its actually the TRUE origin of the canon Dante and how he became a demon slayer.

So he was not a normal person by any means.

So he was younger than DMC3, I take it... Nah, prefer the reboot then.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
when i saw the first trailer back at TGS 2010, i thought that black haired dante might represent tony redgrave and this reboot would be his story.

Asmodaius

And how exactly are you so sure that the canon story would not be good?

It hasn't been all that great so far. Don't get me wrong, I love the DMC series, but I've never played them for the story, because... well... it's really not all that good. That's just my opinion, of course. The story concept is great, but it wasn't executed very well in any of the games. As mentioned in several threads, there are major plotholes all over the storyline and each title jumps back and forth in time instead of telling one coherent story.

The reboot is a chance to tell the story (or rather, NT's interpretation of it) in a new and better way. Hence why I root for the reboot. Nt's other games such as Heavenly Sword and Enslaved had some amazing stories which were brilliantly executed, but then they lacked somewhat in other aspects of the games, such as gameplay and graphics.

Having Capcom on their backs, looking over their shoulders on this game will hopefully provide them with the confidence to improve themselves for making a good game with a good storyline, good gameplay and good graphics as well. I like what I have seen so far, so I am optimistic.

Reanbell

Your very own star
Besides the plot holes in the DMC story, what else makes it a terrible story line? I have always found the game play and story of DMC to be quite interesting. What I have seen so far in the trailers and interviews, shows nothing really that different. He gets new weapons and new backstory... so how would that help in them providing a clearer view of the CURRENT story? It just gets more downhill from every bit of new information posted in my opinion. I'm still waiting for the GOOD news about this game.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
im hoping ninja theory gives us a glimpse of the story at TGS 2011, perhaps this will clear up subjects like dante being half angel.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Only story i have liked in DMC series was in 4 and that's it.All the others hardly got me any interest.if this DmC doesn't cut it.im Sticking to DMC 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom