• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What could've happened to DMC5 and DmC2?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If old game fans b*tch and complained less and considered NT feelings and newer fanbase we would got DmC2 in no time.
If new fans wouldn't whine and complained how old games are crap and how they are nothing but enjoyable mess, we could have got DMC5
If Capcom would have been tick smarter, they wouldn't split fanbase in two and DmC would never existed so they won't need to ask themselves: so what now?.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
but sending death threats when they haven't really done anything bad to them and making BS rumors up about how the game's gonna end, come on, WTF's that about? People need to get a life and grow some thick skin.

Ok. So, ever since this whole bullcrap of NT receiving "death threats" started, I have been wanting to actually see them. Any link you can provide that confirms my doubts about NT actually and factually receiving "death threats" would really be appreciated by me. So if you don't mind, help a fellow member out.

Most of us that liked the game got over the hate, but it seems that some of the antis won't get over the fact that there was love for the game and it SOLD(not shipped) better than they expected. Not the best sales, but at least it was decent.

This is wrong on so many levels. The "hate" for it died down after a couple of months of DmC release. It is now a horde of DmC 'supporters' (congratulations, humans finally time travelled. We back in 2010) who cant get over the fact that DmC wasn't liked by all, as it should have been, because it is THE shining gem of this franchise.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Ok. So, ever since this whole bullcrap of NT receiving "death threats" started, I have been wanting to actually see them. Any link you can provide that confirms my doubts about NT actually and factually receiving "death threats" would really be appreciated by me. So if you don't mind, help a fellow member out.

This is wrong on so many levels. The "hate" for it died down after a couple of months of DmC release. It is now a horde of DmC 'supporters' (congratulations, humans finally time travelled. We back in 2010) who cant get over the fact that DmC wasn't liked by all, as it should have been, because it is THE shining gem of this franchise.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/06/ninja-theory-received-death-threats-over-dmc/
Death threats *in comic book form* though... pffft. Such scary stuff :p
I see it more as an 'f you', really.

And yeah, I agree that comment is so wrong. I don't see any real haters in this forum, and I only sporadically see actual hate online. Most people just didn't find DmC that great, which is because... ...wait for it... ....it wasn't. Its sales were also not decent at all. At first, it sold like, what was it, 0.9 million copies? Which then turned into 1.1 million within the sales deadline. They wanted around 2.0 million sales, and eventually expected only 1.3 million or something. It did not do well.

Last edited:

GF9000000Returns

Like I said. Threads in this forum: not fun anymore.

Why do I even bother coming back here?

(Maybe, just maybe, because I love this game and I want to talk about it with other people who love the game.)

Ikr? That's why I haven't been around here(or the internet much) because it's the same sh!t everytime. Thank goodness for schoolwork, I rather study my ass off all day than go on the internet reading cringeworthy posts of hate.

Sure, I'll gladly do that.....

if you....

The pros are no better. "You hate change," "The originals were too anime cliche and had a crap story," and the overrated "You are just mad because Dante's hair isn't white!!!!"

OR YOU... provide a link of us, or "they"(since I haven't been around for a while) calling the 'haters' japanwhores and weaboos for liking the original Dante better than this one and overpraise the hell outta DmC, saying it's the best ever. The last I checked, most of us weren't afraid to point out its flaws, heck, for me, DMC3>DmC as a whole. Plus some members here probably have just gotten into the franchise or this game, so they have a right to ask why is the hate so damn strong. You haven't seen any longtime member who keeps on b!tching about the hate. We're over it now. So yeah, either one of you do that and then I'll find the link you(Pale) asked.

Deal?

EDIT: Shoot! Pyroblade beat me to it, but I still wanna see the links you guys love to claim that we called yall weaboos for liking the originals better than the reboot.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
The last I checked, most of us weren't afraid to point out its flaws, heck, for me, DMC3>DmC as a whole. Plus some members here probably have just gotten into the franchise or this game, so they have a right to ask why is the hate so damn strong.

I still wanna see the links you guys love to claim that we called yall weaboos for liking the originals better than the reboot.
True, but many people who prefer DmC actually argue with everybody over its flaws. Sometimes flaws are subjective, I think, but any time somebody has a negative opinion about DmC (for example about its writing), it gets called out as 'hate' and people start fighting.

I remember myself being called a weeaboo (by Chancey, I think), but that was a while ago, and I really don't remember every thread in which I get called names :p I could go look for it if you want, but I seriously have no idea what thread it was, so that might take a long-ass time XD
Also, I think Lord Dante posted on his personal page that he was called a weeaboo and Japanophile for preferring the old DMCs over DmC. That was maybe two or three days ago, so he should be able to point out who called him that. That is, if he has any interest in pointing it out.

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
True, but many people who prefer DmC actually argue with everybody over its flaws. Sometimes flaws are subjective, I think, but any time somebody has a negative opinion about DmC (for example about its writing), it gets called out as 'hate' and people start fighting.

I remember myself being called a weeaboo (by Chancey, I think), but that was a while ago, and I really don't remember every thread in which I get called names :p I could go look for it if you want, but I seriously have no idea what thread it was, so that might take a long-ass time XD
Also, I think Lord Dante posted on his personal page that he was called a weeaboo and Japanophile for preferring the old DMCs over DmC. That was maybe two or three days ago, so he should be able to point out who called him that. That is, if he has any interest in pointing it out.
It was on a YouTube video (I can't remember which DmC trailer it was) where this Pro-DmC guy was bashing the classics. I told him to stop and people can dislike a game if they like. And then he said that me and many
other pro-DMCs are a bunch of weeaboos because we used the word "westernized".

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
It was on a YouTube video (I can't remember which DmC trailer it was) where this Pro-DmC guy was bashing the classics. I told him to stop and people can dislike a game if they like. And then he said that me and many
Uuuuh... right, how does that even make sense? Westernize is a normal word, accepted word:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/westernize

So you get called a weeaboo just because you didn't like that they westernized DMC and changed its style completely? Wow. Let me guess, he gives no arguments for his comment, he just ignored you or called you a hater. Meh, I hope you ignored him or even reported him.

GF9000000Returns

Yes, please do, so that we can put it behind.

While I got bashed on youtube by some guy who said I have **** taste and not a true fan for liking this game, but I ignored him. You should've done the same and ignored the guy, just like most of us ignored the haters for bashing the game. Not to be insensitive, but you should've done that.

But yeah, did anybody HERE call you a weaboo? Because I have NOT seen anybody here calling pro-DMC fans weaboos.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/06/ninja-theory-received-death-threats-over-dmc/
Death threats *in comic book form* though... pffft. Such scary stuff :p
I see it more as an 'f you', really.

Thank you, Pyro. For the link. It was exactly what I wanted.

Now that we have the link about supposed "death threats", G90000000, please read it.
"Death threats" IN THE FORM OF FU.CKING COMIC BOOKS AND ANTI-DmC METAL SONGS.

Really??

Overblown, and still is. Just like 'omg black hair' sh!t.

And G9000, when I asked for the link, I didn't expect you find the actual "Death threats" but the one where beloved Tameem spoke about those "death threats". I guess I could have been more clear, just like you could've been a little less, y'know, smug?
That's all I wanted to say.

On a side-note, one anti-DmC songs was posted here back in time, and as far as I remember, music was sh!t but some lyrics were actually clever.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
G900, I'm not trying to antagonize you or anyone. I'm just kinda stressed out cuz of my results coming out in 2 days. I apologies if I gave you negative vibe. I shouldn't have come here anyway

Alright, man. Peace out.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yes, please do, so that we can put it behind.
Isn't it obvious that the hate has come from both 'sides'? As in both the DmC and the DMC side? The forum has been pretty peaceful, though. Most of it is from YouTube, which is of course the place where asses say anything they want. I don't know how quoting hateful posts is 'putting it behind us', but anyway:

Example 1.
For me, it's not enough for DMC5 to be a good, fun game. It needs to be a Devil May Cry game. That means no westernizations, no reboots, no retcon cr@p, just Devil May Cry as it was envisioned originally. If it had gameplay of DMC 3/DMC 4 quality (without the backtracking), and dialog of DMC 3 quality, I'd be as happy as possible.

And this is the response I get:

''And the way you responded really just reinforces one of the reasons why all some of the stubborn DMC people hate DmC. It's because it isn't an anime type Devil May Cry. As an avid anime fan, I know how ridiculous
weeaboos can get. They're the people that will belittle anyone who watches dubbed anime. Won't ever admit that anime and cartoons are the same exact thing. Think Japan is the anime and cosplay wonderland......you get the point.''

Yeah, I still think that was an indirect accusation of being a weeaboo, because nobody had mentioned weeaboos. He implied that 'because I disliked that it isn't an anime style Devil May Cry, I must be a weeaboo'.

Example 2: an old member implies he was called a weeaboo too (found in the thread Nero's development and story discussion (no bullsh*t allowed):

''2 - As '1' makes kinda clear: if you think that old series plot, story, characters and the game as a whole is just anime-ish, weaboo bullshit, just avoid posting here and ruining all the topic.''

Example 3 - somebody calling everyone who wants Devil May Cry to return to an anime-like style 'weeaboos':
Chancey289 said: ↑
An improved DmC seems like the best move because it would please both ends.
Unless it really is just a silly weeaboo crowd who feel betrayed because Devil May Cry isn't trying to be an anime anymore. Good luck trying to please those narrow minded idiots. Devil May Cry doesn't need crap that to exist as a video game though.

I agree with the above notion. I don't even find its anime style THAT important. That said, DMC has been anime-like for quite a few years now. Calling the people who want DMC to return to its former style 'weeaboos' just goes too far.

Last edited:

Meg

Oh please. Don't blame no more DMC/DmC on the fans reaction. It was bad for awhile, sure, but it since calmed down before the game came out. More importantly, pretty much everything gets hate on the Internet. If Capcom pulled the plug on Devil May Cry because they got upset over fan reactions, then they are really immature. Look at it this way, inFAMOUS 2 started out with a redesigned main character that caused a lot of backlash. Sucker Punch still made a sequel. Mass Effect 3's ending got a ton of hate, and Bioware/EA are still making another game. Megaman Legends 3's cancellation caused a sh*t storm and Capcom still made another Megaman g-

Oh.

Oh.

We're screwed. :facepalm:

EDIT: What the heck is a weeaboo?

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Oh please. Don't blame no more DMC/DmC on the fans reaction. It was bad for awhile, sure, but it since calmed down before the game came out. More importantly, pretty much everything gets hate on the Internet. If Capcom pulled the plug on Devil May Cry because they got upset over fan reactions, then they are really immature. Look at it this way, inFAMOUS 2 started out with a redesigned main character that caused a lot of backlash. Sucker Punch still made a sequel. Mass Effect 3's ending got a ton of hate, and Bioware/EA are still making another game. Megaman Legends 3's cancellation caused a sh*t storm and Capcom still made another Megaman g-

Oh.

Oh.

We're screwed. :facepalm:

A weaboo is somebody who isn't Japanese, but acts way into Japanese culture.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Oh please. Don't blame no more DMC/DmC on the fans reaction. It was bad for awhile, sure, but it since calmed down before the game came out. More importantly, pretty much everything gets hate on the Internet. If Capcom pulled the plug on Devil May Cry because they got upset over fan reactions, then they are really immature. Look at it this way, inFAMOUS 2 started out with a redesigned main character that caused a lot of backlash. Sucker Punch still made a sequel. Mass Effect 3's ending got a ton of hate, and Bioware/EA are still making another game.

If negative reactions could cause everything to fail, we'd probably be missing a lot of games, or even game franchises.

From Urban Dictionary:
''Weeaboo
Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. Synonym of wapanese.''

Wapanese: ''has an unhealthy obsession with shallow, saccharine and intellectually insulting animation shows (also refered to as anime by the nerd elite).''

OR

''A non-japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves japanese.''

So... because some people prefer the anime style of DMC3 and DMC4, that automatically makes them 'people who denounce their own culture'? That doesn't even make sense. Or it makes them unhealthily obsessed with intellectually insulting anime? What's really intellectually insulting is how this Urban Dictionary member essentially calls everyone who likes anime idiots.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Okay, guys? Stop throwing the word "weaboo" about. It's not what you think it means.

A "weaboo" is an over-obsessed individual who is obsessed with all things Japanese---bento boxes, Pocky sticks, kimonos, sprinkling Japanese vocabulary in the middle of English sentences----THAT is a weaboo.

Weaboo does not describe someone who is an enthusiast, or even an overzealous and even hostile fan of anime. The term for that is "otaku." And yes, before anyone grills me, there is such a thing as being a "normal" otaku...one that likes anime to a healthy level but doesn't believe Japan to be some golden haven of Shojo bliss where moe schoolgirls and Pocky rain from the sky (which is precisely what weaboos act like).

If there's any term to describe the more unsavory DMC fans that expressed their fury fairly irrationally during DmC's announcement because its lack of anime elements, they could easily be classified as otakus. Not WEABOOS.

(You know, after the whole Bayonetta 2 thread incident, I thought I'd have to be the last person to give this lecture. But, oh well...)

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Weaboo does not describe someone who is an enthusiast, or even an overzealous and even hostile fan of anime. The term for that is "otaku."

If there's any term to describe the more unsavory DMC fans that expressed their fury fairly irrationally during DmC's announcement because its lack of anime elements, they could easily be classified as otakus. Not WEABOOS.

(You know, after the whole Bayonetta 2 thread incident, I thought I'd have to be the last person to give this lecture. But, oh well...)
Thank you! Finally, someone who knows the meaning of the word weeaboo.

But, people were angry about DmC because *they didn't like it*. Because it did away with a lot of elements that made up the DMC games. Nobody ever said they only disliked DmC (or were angry about it) because it wasn't anime-like enough. I can't find that notion anywhere: I've never seen it written. Anywhere. So I'm going to treat it as a fabrication. It honestly feels as though it's something that was made up to make opponents of DmC seem more unreasonable than they are. There are many reasons for disliking DmC, not just trivial things like its lack of anime-ness.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
"Weaboo does not describe someone who is an enthusiast, or even an overzealous and even hostile fan of anime. The term for that is "otaku." If there's any term to describe the more unsavory DMC fans that expressed their fury fairly irrationally during DmC's announcement because its lack of anime elements, they could easily be classified as otakus. Not WEABOOS."

...Wait a minute. Aren't you the one who implied (a while ago) that everybody who was upset about the change from an anime style (DMC3, DMC4) to DmC's western style was a weeaboo? This is what you said in response to why there was hate towards DmC: "It's because it isn't an anime type Devil May Cry. As an avid anime fan, I know how ridiculous weeaboos can get."

So you're preaching something as if you always knew it, but in reality, you're the one who helped perpetuate that false definition. Also, how does not wanting DMC's anime style to change make you a weeaboo (someone who is obsessed with Japanese things)?

Further, you defended Chancey and Zer0's behavior in the thread about Bayonetta 2. Zer0 was deliberately p*ssing people off by saying "thank the Maker" in response to the news of Bayonetta 2's disappointing sales, and was generally baiting. He did not bring any constructive comments to that thread. Chancey cursed out the character of Bayonetta, and acted like people's opinions in that thread were 'excuses'. They were both being insulting in some ways. And you made a hypocritical comment about how your opinions are never considered okay by DMC supporters, when usually the reverse is going on. Chancey and Zer0 were being asses - don't defend that just because "hurrr! Freedom of speech!" Having opinions is fine, but being a-holes about them is not. So don't act like it's all everybody else's fault.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Isn't that a bit harsh? I mean, I'd rather see Devil May Cry live on, even if it fully became DmC. Look at it this way: if Devil May Cry is dead either way, you might as well give other people a chance to discover DMC. If they need to play DmC to discover DMC, that's fine. We wouldn't be playing DmC anyway, so... why would we want DmC to fail? Why would we want DmC fans to be miserable?

F**k em, not just DmC fans, but modern gamers and newcomers in general, why should I feel the need to say "Go ahead, enjoy the series that I'll never enjoy again cause you cockheads ruined it for me."
Thankfully I may be spared that with Devil May Cry cause the franchise may be mercy killed and I can just relive the happy memories knowing that the abominable reboot's direction will not be tainting the original's glory.
But I can't say the same about another beloved franchise of mine.
I'll never love Tomb Raider the same way ever again thanks to those cockhead f**ktards who bought and liked the reboot and made it the most successful in the franchise, Tomb Raider, a beloved franchise of mine will never be good again for me thanks to them, I hated everything about that reboot and now it's gonna be tainting the franchise for a long time and the great ones of the past will be overshadowed by the garbage new ones, why the f**k should I feel the need to wish those c**ts happiness for ruining something I loved?
F**k em all.

I say let Devil May Cry die and rest in peace so the actual good games in the franchise can remain dominate instead of a stream of sh***y show and tells tainting the greatness of the originals over time.

Top Bottom