• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What could've happened to DMC5 and DmC2?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You would think it'd be more like "This is a message from the Order. The demons have struck. Moptop hairstyles are on the rise. Will you fight for your hair or allow them to stylize and control you?"
(Keep in mind when reading this post, I did enjoy this game to the point that after I lost my first copy, I bought a second one for ANOTHER $60)
This is exactly what I meant when I made that statement. You address only one complaint of many, and intentionally portray any skeptics of the game as 'the bad guy'. In order to make your post seem more valid.
If people don't like the reboot, people don't like the reboot.
Look at it this way, I LOVED Resident Evil 4, instead of using jump scares or incredibly contrived lose-lose choices, it gave me a ****-load of scary mutant abominations, a race against the clock to fight a parasite that would turn me into a drone and combined it with a batshit insane cult that made sure I had nowhere to be safe. It really gave me a 'You fight or you're ****ed' feeling.
Regardless of my opinion, I am well aware of the backlash towards the game for being too-action like. Whether or not I defend it, I won't call people who don't like it out for not buying it, because that is only logical considering their stance on it.

The Final Offer

Oh please. Don't blame no more DMC/DmC on the fans reaction. It was bad for awhile, sure, but it since calmed down before the game came out. More importantly, pretty much everything gets hate on the Internet. If Capcom pulled the plug on Devil May Cry because they got upset over fan reactions, then they are really immature. Look at it this way, inFAMOUS 2 started out with a redesigned main character that caused a lot of backlash. Sucker Punch still made a sequel. Mass Effect 3's ending got a ton of hate, and Bioware/EA are still making another game. Megaman Legends 3's cancellation caused a sh*t storm and Capcom still made another Megaman g-

Oh.

Oh.

We're screwed. :facepalm:

EDIT: What the heck is a weeaboo?

Meg I am so sorry I didn't get to your post when the iron was hot. But I got creased clothes on and I'm ready for our date.

Nothing calmed down Meg. It kept going trust me, it did. Before I got active on this site, I was reading the craziest of things.

Those examples of games with hate are games that had hate for several minor reasons. inFamous 2 was cosmetic and they had to change it back and actually, they were the first to give into fan demands which made alot of people feel entitled. Mass Effect 3's ending got alot of hate and this is after the game released. DmC was hated the moment it opened it's eyes and it made no sense when the same teams from previous games were working on DmC. It. Made. No. Sense.

Meg

Meg I am so sorry I didn't get to your post when the iron was hot. But I got creased clothes on and I'm ready for our date.

Nothing calmed down Meg. It kept going trust me, it did. Before I got active on this site, I was reading the craziest of things.

Those examples of games with hate are games that had hate for several minor reasons. inFamous 2 was cosmetic and they had to change it back and actually, they were the first to give into fan demands which made alot of people feel entitled. Mass Effect 3's ending got alot of hate and this is after the game released. DmC was hated the moment it opened it's eyes and it made no sense when the same teams from previous games were working on DmC. It. Made. No. Sense.
You know I was going to respond to this, but it's been almost a whole month since I made that post I don't care anymore.

..............but I will say this. I meant it calmed down a bit. After the initial reaction was over, there were plenty of people coming around and decided to give the game a chance as well as a number of people who previously didn't like DMC jumping on board. It's true, there were still plenty of crazy people though. That's what I meant.

Top Bottom