• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What could've happened to DMC5 and DmC2?

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.

I feel ya. I used to be a huge Tomb Raider fan. My personal favorites were Tomb Raider 3 & Tomb Raider The Last Revelation and then it was rebooted after the failure of AoD. Legend, Anniversary and Underworld made puzzles too easy and completely rewrote Lara. And then it had a second reboot after sales of Underworld didn't meet their expectations. The 2nd reboot was another dumbed down game with "pretty visuals". All it did was bring new people into the franchise that had nothing nice to say about the classics.

I see the exact same scenario going on with DMC. All of a sudden, it's bad to say anything about the reboot but it's OK to say **** about the classics. -sigh;

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
This is what you said in response to why there was hate towards DmC: "It's because it isn't an anime type Devil May Cry. As an avid anime fan, I know how ridiculous weeaboos can get."
Oh, for the love of----*SIGH*. I will attempt to keep my voice down, so bear with me as I point out that it was in fact CHANCEY who made that response. Not ME. I'm well aware that you have a circle of "usual suspects" to level disdain at for unpleasant encounters in the past, but at least pretend to be organized and keep track about who said what, before throwing accusations in my direction and hoping they will stick.
Further, you defended Chancey and Zer0's behavior in the thread about Bayonetta 2. And you made a hypocritical comment about how your opinions are never considered okay by DMC supporters, when usually the reverse is going on. Chancey and Zer0 were being asses - don't defend that just because "hurrr! Freedom of speech!" Having opinions is fine, but being a-holes about them is not. So don't act like it's all everybody else's fault.
What are you even talking about? When did I defend anyone but myself on that thread? The most I said was this, which hardly constitutes as a defense of either Chancey or Zero.
And, mind you, that entire section where I talked about anime influence in video games was not me being an asshole to ANYONE. Not once did I label or accuse anyone or anything, or direct my post to anyone in particular. I merely discussed a tone and style I was sick of seeing in video games, and then I proceeded to get blasted by you, Kam, and Berto, like I insulted each of you individually. The irony and hypocrisy I was trying to illustrate with this post was that in numerous posts, most notably the New Vergil vs. Old Vergil thread, you and a handful of others constantly complain about how you can't open your mouths and level one smidgeon of disdain against DmC without being "silenced" by pro-DmC extremists---and not a few threads later, when I do the exact same thing and voice my opinion in the exact same manner, I get attacked by the exact same people who claimed to be enduring the same prejudice.

I've said it before, and I'm sticking to it: conversing, no---bystanding to any conversation with you is like indulging in an Inquistional witch-trial. I'm buried under fifteen feet of baseless accusations, being talked down to by spiteful and close-minded individuals who've already made up their minds.

Thanks for ruining another thread with your false claims and mindless, argumentative hate-mongering. I wasn't even talking to you, but you seem to go out of your way to yank me back into the chaotic fray.

sssensational was right. Posting on this forum isn't fun anymore...and it's because of people like you.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Don't even add Bayonetta 2 thread to this discussion. Not after it was raided by bunch of people who has no interest in game in the first place, and specially came to thread only to bash it in their fit of butthurt spite over DmC. (For whatever stupid reason DmC fans thinking that P* games are main reason for DmC hate). And while you yourself wasn't part of it, you basically said that it's completely ok to do it since it was their "opinion".

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Oh, for the love of----*SIGH*. I will attempt to keep my voice down, so bear with me as I point out that it was in fact CHANCEY who made that response. Not ME. I'm well aware that you have a circle of "usual suspects" to level disdain at for unpleasant encounters in the past, but at least pretend to be organized and keep track about who said what, before throwing accusations in my direction and hoping they will stick.

What are you even talking about? When did I defend anyone but myself on that thread? The most I said was this, which hardly constitutes as a defense of either Chancey or Zero.
And, mind you, that entire section where I talked about anime influence in video games was not me being an asshole to ANYONE. Not once did I label or accuse anyone or anything, or direct my post to anyone in particular. I merely discussed a tone and style I was sick of seeing in video games, *and then I proceeded to get blasted by you, Kam, and Berto, like I insulted each of you individually.

sssensational was right. Posting on this forum isn't fun anymore...and it's because of people like you.
Hey, calm down. Sorry, that was a mistake on my part. That's why I asked ''wasn't it you who said this?'' - to get a reply on whether or not it was indeed you who said it. Since it was my mistake, and you didn't say it, why would you get so angry about it?

Yeah, you defended Chancey and Zer0 indirectly, by saying that their opinions are never considered 'okay' by certain DMC fans, while any negative opinions on DmC are always considered 'correct', which is total nonsense. If anything, it's the reverse nowadays. This is what you said: You see, though, the excuse will be that he's just stating his opinion...whether it be hate or not. It's entitlement, and it's totally okay....*except when I do it. No --- if I state my opinion, I'll be accused of being...what was it? Oh, yes: "dogmatic", "extreme", and "condescending".

*That's because you love to indirectly insult people and fail to realize that some of your comments come across as incredibly aggressive and opinionated. You call anime fans drooling Toonami enthusiasts, you call basic anime abhorrent and vile, and proceeded to spout some more cr@p we're supposed to take as 'facts'. If you want to debate with someone, you use facts, not solely opinions. You often act as though your opinion is law, just like Chancey and Zer0 often do. Am I supposed to feel bad for calling that out?

You know why that is? Because you often come across as dogmatic and condescending. Simple. One of you (and I think it was you) called fans of basic anime ''drooling Toonami enthusiasts'', which implies that anyone who likes simple anime is a drooling idiot. That is extremely condescending. So... yeah, being called condescending shouldn't be a surprise. You come across as a hater, but call others haters.

Cut the histrionics. If you don't like what I have to say, you can ignore it. You're acting like I'm going around destroying every thread I come across. Nobody's telling you to read and agree with what I say. That comment of yours I quoted above was just not useful to the Bayonetta 2 thread. It was a purely destructive comment. You can deny that all you want, but it was just a useless, hate inciting comment. Even if you didn't mean it that way, it CAN have that effect. You should realize that by now - I mean, how long have you been on this forum?

I have no problem with most of what you say, but if I smell bullsh*t, yeah, I'll sniff it out and write a response to it. Don't like it, then what are you doing on a forum? I suggest you ignore me and get on with your life. If not, at least try to have a normal conversation.

And btw, nobody can see my profile unless I've followed them. So I haven't blocked you from anything.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Alright, WolfOD64, I'm sorry for wrongly attributing something to you when Chancey was the one who said it.

That said, you can come across as really aggressive, and I've seen you insult some people just for liking basic anime, and DMC3/DMC4's anime style. Even if they were indirect insults, that doesn't magically mean they aren't insults. Same goes for when Zer0 tries to disguise certain insults as jokes, you know? Turning it into a joke doesn't make it acceptable. One of your comments served no apparent purpose other than to anger people. If you have points to make, make them. But being arrogant and even insulting about it is not necessary.
I can see where you're coming from with your comment about hypocrisy, but I often feel the same way about where people from the opposing side are coming from. Sometimes it feels like two or three haters (who don't like DMC and want it to die) call everyone who doesn't like DmC... you guessed it... haters. Can't get more hypocritical than that. I'm not saying you're a hater, btw. I just mean that some people really angered me the last few days, and I admit I got too sensitive and directed my anger too widely. Heck, I had planned to take a break from the forum, but I didn't - I see now that was a mistake. I've only seen like two comments from you that I found aggressive over the entire time I've been on this forum, so you're really not part of the problem.

So, I understand if you want to ignore me. But I'd much rather have normal discussions or debates with people (unlike that Bayonetta 2 thread). That's what the forum is for, too. Remember when you asked my opinion once, and started a new, pretty nice thread about it? It had something to do with 'what makes a DMC fan'. That was great. We should leave this thread in peace, and let people get back to the actual topic.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

Don't even add Bayonetta 2 thread to this discussion. Not after it was raided by bunch of people who has no interest in game in the first place, and specially came to thread only to bash it in their fit of butthurt spite over DmC. (For whatever stupid reason DmC fans thinking that P* games are main reason for DmC hate). And while you yourself wasn't part of it, you basically said that it's completely ok to do it since it was their "opinion".

You do know that Bayonetta is Devil May Cry's competitor right? Of course you do. Anyways, DmC sold more on one console than Bayonetta 2 sold on one console. I think we know which game has the most "butthurt" fans.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Alright, WolfOD64, I'm sorry for wrongly attributing something to you when Chancey was the one who said it.

That said, you can come across as really aggressive, and I've seen you insult some people just for liking basic anime, and DMC3/DMC4's anime style. Even if they were indirect insults, that doesn't magically mean they aren't insults. Same goes for when Zer0 tries to disguise certain insults as jokes, you know? Turning it into a joke doesn't make it acceptable. One of your comments served no apparent purpose other than to anger people. If you have points to make, make them. But being arrogant and even insulting about it is not necessary.
I can see where you're coming from with your comment about hypocrisy, but I often feel the same way about where people from the opposing side are coming from. Sometimes it feels like two or three haters (who don't like DMC and want it to die) call everyone who doesn't like DmC... you guessed it... haters. Can't get more hypocritical than that. I'm not saying you're a hater, btw. I just mean that some people really angered me the last few days, and I admit I got too sensitive and directed my anger too widely. Heck, I had planned to take a break from the forum, but I didn't - I see now that was a mistake. I've only seen like two comments from you that I found aggressive over the entire time I've been on this forum, so you're really not part of the problem.

So, I understand if you want to ignore me. But I'd much rather have normal discussions or debates with people (unlike that Bayonetta 2 thread). That's what the forum is for, too. Remember when you asked my opinion once, and started a new, pretty nice thread about it? It had something to do with 'what makes a DMC fan'. That was great. We should leave this thread in peace, and let people get back to the actual topic.
SIGH...

No...you are right. While I have my opinion about anime as a whole, I wasn't very articulate on expressing it...and looking back on it, it was extremely aggressive. I still have my own problems with anime as a whole, but there were plenty of moments back there where I expressed completely unwarranted disdain towards anime fans, rather than any genre or type or anime itself. And that was extremely wrong of me.

If I have any complaints or qualms with anime shows as a medium, I must also make it profoundly clear that they aren't because of the people who watch and enjoy them...because they aren't the problem. They're just fans enjoying their product---even if some of them get a little out of control (see also, my Otaku Post)---and I don't consider them any less intelligent or inferior in taste than me. I'm well aware that the words I used to describe the less desirable portion of the anime fanbase were degrading and stereotypical, and I'm severely apologetic about how it came out.

All of this also applies to people who like the anime-esque or prominent Japanese influences found in the Devil May Cry series. I don't like those aspects of the series, and I have and will actively express how I think they're terrible and plaguing the series like a fungus....but I bear no ill will to people who DO like them. If you like Dante, if you like the bishonen elements and cheesy dialogue...that's perfectly fine. We all like what we like, and some of us despise what others like. But if I express any negativity about the series' storyline and its tone/quality, I'm not attacking people who like it.

But with all of that said, if I came off as pretentious or insufferable, or if I accidentally called someBODY out instead of someTHING, I offer my sincerest apologies. I don't want my reputation on this forum to be "that contrarian prick with the Star Wolf avatar who hates on people that like Devil May Cry"...and if I already have that reputation, then I'll do my best to amend things for everyone's sake.

I appreciate you overlooking anything you might've said, Pyro, but I'm here to tell you that it's not entirely your fault. If we can let bygones be bygones, and try to push all the mutual spite and ignorance under the proverbial rug, I'm entirely up for it.

So now that I've said that, I'm going to kick back and relax, and wait for my copy of Bayonetta 2 to come in the mail.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You know what? I came back here to check up on things a bit, only to end up finding nothing's changed. You all are fighting over a stupid video game series and its gotten to the point that you're all making enemies out of one another.

Nothing's changed. It's sad to see how fare we've fallen.

Dragonmaster out

The Final Offer

You know what? I came back here to check up on things a bit, only to end up finding nothing's changed. You all are fighting over a stupid video game series and its gotten to the point that you're all making enemies out of one another.

Nothing's changed. It's sad to see how fare we've fallen.

Dragonmaster out

Look guy. You're the only one here that actually feels like we're becoming enemies because of a little discussion. In truth, better understanding of one another can cause us all to avoid touchy topics. Right now, we all very much know one another in some form. In some perspective.

Whether you think so or not, we're getting along.

Hell, Innsmouth and myself could be discussing Mortal Kombat X one week and at each other's throats the next.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the OP can be read perfectly in Bob Barbas's voice?
Anyway, my 2 cents:
First, let's throw out the whole 'Death Threats' thing. I'm not gonna deny their existence,nor will I try to defend them. The thing is, every fanbase has it's nutjobs. It happened with the Star Wars prequels, it happened with Superior Spider-man. It's not really fair for the majority who didn't do that to be judged because of the minority that did, and certainly isn't a shield for the company to use against them.
Now speaking of moral and immoral, that's kind of where this thread falls apart. It implies we have some kind of moral obligation to support a franchise we enjoy.
Now, let's for a second assume that it WAS the negative reactions to DmC that killed the franchise. I honestly do not see any problem there. People didn't like the product, they didn't buy the product.
(a product WITH a released demo, so they did have a chance to judge before they decided whether or not they wanted to buy it).
That's not a bad thing. Especially considering DmC was supposed to reach out to an entirely NEW market.
Now, throw sales to the side for a second. Let's look at reaction in general. In no way is there an obligation for fans not to say "I don't like this.", regardless of how harshly it's worded.

In the end, regardless of whether or not there were negative consequences towards the brand because of it, you can't blame people for not buying/support a product they did not want/like.
That doesn't only go for DMC vs DmC either. If DMC5 comes out and you didn't want to get it/ wanted DmC2, you wouldn't HAVE to buy it.

Top Bottom